Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Network help 911

0 0

Hey everyone,

So i downloaded the newest cain and abel, which came bundled with a 'newer' version of winpcap. i installed it and it like nuked my network settings or something. when i go into ipconfig through cmd, it says 'windows ip ocnfiguration' like it normally would… but everything else is missing. i dont even have the headings for the fields (ie default gateway etc.) let alone values assigned to them… when i open my network connections folder, there is nothing there. at all. when i reboot, i am presented with a linksys page that tells me that i am connected to my network just fine, no problems, but it can't find the internet…. i tried uninstalling winpcap and installing the older one i downloaded (3.1 i think) and still no dice. ive never come across this before, anyone have any suggestions?

thanks

ps: winxp-h sp2 as well, other pc's on the network, both wired and wireless are experiencing no problems.

[Forever Blind To See]
0 0

reset up ur network on tht pc also try re installing the network adaptor

0 0

Install another winpcap or configure the cain & abel one

0 0

Thanks for the ideas guys, I was going to try and reinstall the adapter today, so I'll try that… but also, how do i configure winpcap? I think this would most likely be the error. or so it seems. any info on configuring it?

thanks again