Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Re-formating a hard drive HELP!

0 0

Ok, i have a hard drive and it had windowxs xp pro on it, i got a virus that only lets me run the computer for about 3 seconds…..tells me some required dlls are not found, then says it failed to initialize, then reboots. How would i re-format my hard drive with only 3 seconds? not enough time to read a disk drive….please help me

0 0

have you tried to start in safe mode?

0 0

Boot from a disk… AKA get a live CD of Linux or something and use it to reformat… Won't need any DLLs from windows… And you don't need to start windows to use it

0 0

thanx for the feedback

the keyboard doesnt work till the hard drive is full booted

were would i get a live cd?

Lover of Parkour
0 0

google the word knoppix you may find a german and an english site…you want the english one

EDIT: here it is http://www.knoppix.org/

0 0

Ok, thanx man

Attack-Vector Perl
0 0

your keyboard doesn't work until you boot? do you have a usb keyboard or something?

If you have a usb keyboard, either go into your bios and enable usb support on boot (catch-22 I know) or get yourself a usb/ps2 adapter so that you may have access to keystrokes before the operating system initalizes.