Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

XP Home Admin Account

0 0

Hi, does anyone know where i can find a fix to/how i can remove the restrictions which stop me from logging into the Administrator account on my XP home machine? Please and Thank You. Dave

0 0

Look at the articles, theres stuff the that can help you.

Also, theres a really cool site you should look at here:

[This will definatly help](This will definatly help)

0 0

Ive spent the last week googleing the fucker thank you

0 0

Exactly what did you google for?

0 0

Most of the time things like Removing the restrictions on XP home or enabling the administrator account on xp home. tried loads of diffrent things though.

0 0

Well thats funny, because i just googled

logging into the Administrator account on my XP home

Which is taken directly from your sentance above, and, :O I just found out how to get administrator on XP Home!!! omg!!

:|

edit: Oh, and even more amazingly, I just looked in the article section and there were at least 4 articles on how to get Admin in Windows! Excuse me while I go and google for some common sense.

0 0

i was looking to remove the restrictions so i could boot into it from a noral mode not safe mode. thanks for looking though

0 0

Isn't it obvious. Boot in safe mode to make your normal account admin

0 0

Haha, you beat me too it!

If you need a normal Admin account, create one with the safemode admin account, and presto!

:)

0 0

No, i have the account i am on now as Admin, but i want to remove the restrictions on THE Administrator account. I know its possible cause I havve seen a fix somewhere before but I cant remember where

0 0

Heh? If you're an admin, you have no restrictions..

0 0

OK, Boot into XP home but when you get to the welcome screen press CTRl Alt Delete Twice, now type Administrator in that box and hit enter, youll see it says theres a restriction. The reason i want to be able to use this account without having to boot into safe mode is because of features on it like the security tab

0 0

i think what they were saying is, boot into safe mode-remove pw to admin account, reboot normally and have full admin access.

0 0

I'm fairly sure if you switch your login system from the nice aqua ripoff to just typing in your account name and password, you can log into administrator whenever you want.

0 0

Pureline wrote: No, i have the account i am on now as Admin, but i want to remove the restrictions on THE Administrator account. I know its possible cause I havve seen a fix somewhere before but I cant remember where

really really confusing!!!

you seem unsure of what you actually wanna do..

you are admin..ok..you still aren't happy.. …you want to remove restrictions on an unrestricted account… and you have memory problems…aren't you a little psycho??

no offence….

0 0

I think I know what hes talking about. Ok so account layout is like this Administrator (The one you can get into in safe mode) (what ever his account is) - (has Administrator access, but isn't the admin account that you log into in safe mode)

when pressing ctrl alt del del it reverts back to windows 9X style (I'm sure you all knew it, but just a explanation to those who don't)

He could type in (what ever his account is) and (password) if there is one

Or he can type Administrator to try to access the one that he would use in safe mode.

On XP pro I can get into it, but haven't been able to do it on XP home.

I believe that is what he is talking about, not sure, sorry if I'm wrong.

0 0

open cmd.exe (MS-DOS) type something like thiz:

net user Administrator /DELETE

if you need help type

net help

or net help user

btw: you should know what you where doing… look for some google's answerz!

0 0

Yes finally, zenriths got it, the Administartor account is disabled on XP home unless in safe mode, but there is a registry fix to fix it. Does anyone know it?