Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

0 0

recently, firefox has been refusing to save my settings (& i can't set new bookmarks w/o editting the bookmark file), like its not keeping anything except the plugins and search engines i had installed b4 it started goin weird. any suggestions? i think it may be something havin to do w/ switching versions, but i dunno. im seeing 2 different sets of settings, the settings in …/Application Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles (im running xp -.-) and also in /Program Files/Mozilla Firefox/, and neither seem to bear any significance over the other. (none of my settings files are readonly)..

im probably gonna feel like a noob when i get this figured out

0 0

before we even bother, deleteing your profoile files then starting up again seeing what it says if nothing and no change uninstall delete the folders it leaves reinstall

0 0

well, here's sumthin else i just now remembered, i thought i might as well just add it to this thread. cygwin1.dll that comes packaged w/ jtr. consistently showing up as a trojan, etc etc. i doubt it is, did some googling but got conflicting answers…

0 0

Doomed Ascetik wrote: well, here's sumthin else i just now remembered, i thought i might as well just add it to this thread. cygwin1.dll that comes packaged w/ jtr. consistently showing up as a trojan, etc etc. i doubt it is, did some googling but got conflicting answers…

Err… what on earth does that have to do with Firefox?

0 0

nothing at all :). but i dont see much point in posting it on a separate thread since im the one asking both questions within 2 hours of one another and whatnot.. +it does still fit under the thread title ;)