Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Reformatting issue

0 0

Hey all,

My friend gave me his computer to fix for him, and i hooked it up, booted it up… it booted fine but had a bunch of popups and viruses. i then restarted it and it came to a screen saying "COMPAQ intel inside" and says ESC = boot menu F1 = setup. Then it does nothing from there!

it wont let me press either buttons on the keyboard, nor will it read from my floppy drive or cd rom. I put partition magic in my floppy planning to just simply erase everything…but i had no luck :-/ …

can anyone please help me out here… if you know anything i can try that may help, then thank you very much

r3drock3t88

0 0

does your BIOS recognize harddisks,or anything?

open it up,and check all connectors inside,if they are propperly in place.

peace.

0 0

darksun wrote: does your BIOS recognize harddisks,or anything?

open it up,and check all connectors inside,if they are propperly in place.

peace.

yea ive opened the physical computer up itself, everythings installed correctly in there, but like i said the keyboard doesnt work at the screen its stopping at. it tells me the buttons to push, and i wanted to get into bios to change the default boot device to my floppy drive, but it wont let me do any of that because it doesnt allow me to hit any keys.

0 0

try resetting your cmos…take the battery out for a minutes…

i have not idea what the problem is to be honest :|

0 0

i figured out the problem…thanks for helpin out though bud