Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Retrieving a "Lost" Router Password

0 0

Hey guys,

I use D-Link DI-524 router and I just noticed that I have a NAT problem. However, to fix this requires the admin password which I do not have, nor do I have physical access to said router. If anyone could help me out, that would be great. If it helps at all (I know it will) here's an online emulator of the routers UI:

http://support.dlink.com/emulators/di524/

Thanks in advance!

0 0

Since u dont have physical access to it, Id say that the only way is to brute it .(bite me if i know which program to use)

0 0

chuckstudios wrote: to fix this requires the admin password which I do not have, nor do I have physical access to said router.

Lol so you're trying to say that you can't get physical access to your own router? Something tells me it isn't yours… ;)

0 1

user: admin pass: admin

works on majority of routers. its the default password which not many people change.

worth a shot.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

or admin:password

0 0

not sure if this will work, but you can run a packet sniffer and wait for someone to log in ;)

0 0

Mr_Cheese wrote: user: admin pass: admin

works on majority of routers. its the default password which not many people change.

worth a shot.

Uber0n wrote: Well then :)

The default username for the router is: admin and no pasword (!)

Stuff like this can be found on http://www.phenoelit.de/dpl/dpl.html

system_meltdown wrote: or admin:password

None of these work. I believe the "Quick Setup Wizard" or something similar requires you to change the admin account's password on the initial setup.

Can anyone point me in the direction of a good word list?

0 0

By default the username is admin, and the password is blank.