Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

6Ghz CPU Lagging

0 0

Well i am running Windows 2003 XP SP2 with an 80gig hard drive and i have 41gig free and i have a 6ghz CPU and 1gig of RAM i have run McAfee virus scan, Microsoft Windows Mallicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Defender and they have come up with nothing but my CPU is running at 100% all the time, i dont know why but it is and the computer is lagging alot every when trying to use FireFox to open this very website. Can someone try to tell me what the hell is going on because my parents think i have done this to stop them using the computer!!!

0 0

probably, these two services are causing the problem…

wuauclt.exe wimprvse.exe

kill 'em… they ONLY check for updates,if you believe microsoft,which i don't. :p they are not needed,just on the first tuesday of the month.

i know,and a lot of people know,these 'cause your processor-time to peak@100%.

if you kill 'em…

(ctrl alt del>processes) they will,more then likely pop back up… kill 'em again&again&again…if needed…

peace.

0 0

Well if you have your computer on for long amounts of time it may be a memory leak or something like that… Try closing down your programs and start them up again…

If you don't leave your computer on hit <ctrl><alt><delete>, click processes and you should be able to see how much CPU each process is taking up… If anything looks suspicious you can Google it and see if it's bad… If it's just one of your regular programs check to see if it's up to date as there may be errors in it…

The Manager
0 0

BlackSabbath wrote: Well i am running Windows 2003 XP SP2 with an 80gig hard drive and i have 41gig free and i have a 6ghz CPU and 1gig of RAM i have run McAfee virus scan, Microsoft Windows Mallicious Software Removal Tool and Windows Defender and they have come up with nothing but my CPU is running at 100% all the time, i dont know why but it is and the computer is lagging alot every when trying to use FireFox to open this very website.

6 GHz Processor! wow please let me know where you got it. If you are talking about something like a Core Duo2 or something like that it is not 6 GHz. I would really like to see why a computer with a 6GHz Processor and 1GB RAM only has an 80 GB Hard Drive though.

Anyways back on topic. use the program HiJackThis! and post your log file here and some of us will look it over.

0 0

If the CPU actually is 6GHz, it doesn't lag because it's a bad CPU :p

Reinstall windows?

0 0

Kill all the processes you think look suspicious, and if the computer starts to act strange just restart it.

0 0

Uber0n wrote: If the CPU actually is 6GHz, it doesn't lag because it's a bad CPU :p

Reinstall windows?

AldarHawk wrote:

6 GHz Processor! wow please let me know where you got it. If you are talking about something like a Core Duo2 or something like that it is not 6 GHz. I would really like to see why a computer with a 6GHz Processor and 1GB RAM only has an 80 GB Hard Drive though.

Anyways back on topic. use the program HiJackThis! and post your log file here and some of us will look it over.

Hey people I found out why my computer was running at 100% and no its not a bad CPU and yes it is 6ghz or acctully it is 5.99ghz. It was fucking "Internet Explorer 7" My parents downloaded it and thought it was me!!! So i fixed the problem and yelled at them a bit for blaming me and grounding me and now it is fixed

0 0

ive actually had the same problem. I use FF2 and Opera9, but i got IE7 for the sake of testing it out, and giving it a chance….and it did that…so back to the others.

0 0

Alright to any Windows user, i would highly recommend following Black Viper's guide. The guide has been revised but here is where i followed it http://www.dead-eye.net/WinXP%20Services.htm. I have reduced my processes(amount of prog's running, check by ctrl-alt-delete, at the bottom left corner) from 50-60 to 30-40. For the guide, as you will see there are different options to follow. I say first go with the "SAFE" option. Then check out all the different processes and disable the ones you don't think you need. Make sure you check their dependicies though, lol. If what i am saying doesn't make a lot of sense, read the guide and then come back to my post. I hope this helps :D

Admin from hell
0 0

Checking active processess is basic knowledge if your running that high, But that's not why I replied I want to know what brand and model this 5.99Ghz processor is? That's almost double what being sold now???

0 0

korg wrote: Checking active processess is basic knowledge if your running that high, But that's not why I replied I want to know what brand and model this 5.99Ghz processor is? That's almost double what being sold now???

Well ask Dell because it is standerd from them. It is a Dell Dimension 3000. We have had the computer into a technician to check the system out and he also tells me that it is 5.99Ghz

Admin from hell
0 0

A DELL 3000 comes standard with a 2.4Ghz celeron or 2.8 pentium. Right click on My computer and in the general section it will show you what you have.

0 0

korg wrote: A DELL 3000 comes standard with a 2.4Ghz celeron or 2.8 pentium. Right click on My computer and in the general section it will show you what you have.

I have and it still says 5.99Ghz and so does my computer technician

Admin from hell
0 0

Well then in general under computer: what brand and model # is it?

0 0

korg wrote: Well then in general under computer: what brand and model # is it?

Intell Pentium 4 CPU and thats al

0 0

lol well shit, thats one hell of a processor u got there then, not quite sure how u managed to mustar that up, but well done nonetheless. Mine is a 3.4ghz amd 64 bit … and i thought that was nice!

The Manager
0 0

DAMIT I JUST POSTED THIS AND HBH FRIED!

Please post proof of this by taking screen shots of your BIOS and your Windows screen showing 5.99GHz.

The fastest overclocking shown to date I have ever seen was recorded at 5.4GHz and the CPU had to be kept at -190 C (yes NEGATIVE ONE HUNDRED NINTEY DEGREES CELCIUS) on Toms Hardware.

I am guessing you have something like a Intel Duo Core2 or something and the tech you bring your computer to is a tool.

Anyways please show me proof.

0 0

lol well shit, thats one hell of a processor u got there then, not quite sure how u managed to mustar that up, but well done nonetheless. Mine is a 3.4ghz amd 64 bit … and i thought that was nice!

0 0

I agree with AldarHawk. Start > Run > dxdiag

If you could show what you directx diagnostics are then it would be believable.

0 0

5.9ghz? I'm not buying this, sorry :X Like aldarhawk suggested, can you proof this with a picture?

0 0

dude, theres def something wrong. i went to intels site, and they have no 5.99 ghz processor. i also went on google, and there was nothing there. do what the flash said and post a screen shot.

0 0

Dual core 3.0GHz isn't 2*3.0GHz = 6GHz!

Its more like 2*1.5Ghz = 3.0Ghz Dual Core!

Please stop the dual core doubling nonsense alot of people are fool by this exciting new model name for Intel Processors.

0 0

Thanks for the truth, cubeman ^^ :happy: