Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

0 0

Here's the story, this Saturday, my mom had to draw some cash and came across a very weird ATM…

On the screen, we say the normal stuff u see when u turn on any pc..then… >>>>>>>>Windows XP<<<<<<< on the ATMs screen!!! and it was endlessly restarting and we couldn't do any thing with the limited'keyed keyboard….

Anyone knows how this works?????

If there's XP on it, then it necessarily mean someone could take advantage of this little "deficiency"…

how?

Banned
0 0

ey3s_of_cha0s wrote: Here's the story, this Saturday, my mom had to draw some cash and came across a very weird ATM…

On the screen, we say the normal stuff u see when u turn on any pc..then… >>>>>>>>Windows XP<<<<<<< on the ATMs screen!!! and it was endlessly restarting and we couldn't do any thing with the limited'keyed keyboard….

Anyone knows how this works?????

If there's XP on it, then it necessarily mean someone could take advantage of this little "deficiency"…

how?

Bring up the cmd prompt for endless fun, but on an ATM, its not reccommended.

BC

0 0

I think the real question is how to bring up prompt on an ATM… And is there a way to type into it

The Manager
0 0

the ATM is just like a phone key pad. they are not really running XP it is more likely CS which is an embeded Windows. I would really not reccomend screwing around. they are video'd and you WILL get caught.

0 0

A while back i read an article on Totse.com about atm hacking and this idea actually sounded like it would work (allthough i'm not quite sure how modern atms work) but here it is in a quick summery:

The atm is linked to the bank via a cable LANish connection. customer data is stored inside the bank; not inside the atm…. so lets say you bring the hedge clippers to the atm…. in the guide i read it told you what wire to "snip" I don't remember atm… (no pun intended) but when you do that the atm will give you as much money as you ask for with out checking how much you actually have as to not inconveniance the customer

so here is what you do:

set up a account with a fake name address etc. next night go snip the wire and withdraw the maximum amount possible…. when they get it fixed and the accounts are balanced they will see the big diffency in ur account…. but you would of course put down a fake name and address that they can't track you to

BAM you made a ton of money, congratz

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: you WILL get caught.

If only u knew!!! I live on a lil island in the middle of the Indian Ocean… ….last year a retarded brat put off the internet connections of the whole island..it took them 2 weeks to get it back working…

…then the ppl remembered they heard that word.."hacker"..from The Martix….yet, our only known hacker is stupid and in jail now…

..u never get caught here, unless u claim to be guilty…

>>PARADISE<<

0 0

Its been common knowledge for quite some time that some ATMs run XP. Some run custom made embedded OSs(I believe the majority of irish ones do this) but the newer ones run Windows(most of the ones with slideshows and what not, i'd say).

How can this be a deficiency? If someone wanted to exploit an ATM, they'd have to:

[A] Access the bank first, then access the ATM and send down custom software to pay out as much money as one wants.

[B] Bring up a keyboard to the ATM and plug it in somehow, then load up custom software as above.

Its no deficiency, as Windows is quite a secure OS when locked down properly, as im sure banks will do with ATMs. They're only connected to the banks network at one point(In Dublin, for Ireland) and if they do contract computer worms, they are usually Code Red style stealthy(ie,. not in the least) and they're isolated from the network very soon.

[Edit]

eyes of chaos: That is until someone technologically knowledgeable is brought to your Island to look at logs, or even as much as emails your ISP and asks them to check which account was connected to IP x at y time. Go ahead thinking you're invulnerable, and gimmie a call from your cell block if you ever actually do something worth getting yourself arrested over. 00353876816097

Banned
0 0

cdpirate wrote: Its been common knowledge for quite some time that some ATMs run XP. Some run custom made embedded OSs(I believe the majority of irish ones do this) but the newer ones run Windows(most of the ones with slideshows and what not, i'd say).

How can this be a deficiency? If someone wanted to exploit an ATM, they'd have to:

[A] Access the bank first, then access the ATM and send down custom software to pay out as much money as one wants.

[B] Bring up a keyboard to the ATM and plug it in somehow, then load up custom software as above.

Its no deficiency, as Windows is quite a secure OS when locked down properly, as im sure banks will do with ATMs. They're only connected to the banks network at one point(In Dublin, for Ireland) and if they do contract computer worms, they are usually Code Red style stealthy(ie,. not in the least) and they're isolated from the network very soon.

[Edit]

eyes of chaos: That is until someone technologically knowledgeable is brought to your Island to look at logs, or even as much as emails your ISP and asks them to check which account was connected to IP x at y time. Go ahead thinking you're invulnerable, and gimmie a call from your cell block if you ever actually do something worth getting yourself arrested over. 00353876816097

smooth, putting your phone number on the net.

0 0

yes if that was his real number… it wasnt the smartest thing to do

0 0

no…i don't think i'm not vulnerable…but, you should be here to understand what I really mean..

….nobody gives a damn about all of this!!!!….

http://mythoughts.onmauritius.com/?postid=16 they say 2 days…that's a lie!!!

0 0

Yes, that is my real phone number. Give me a call sometime, Im in the gmt timezone.

Why is it not smart? You cant find out anything with that that you couldnt find out by asking. </hijack>

eyes:

QUOTE: "You never get caught here". You did say you were invulnerable.