Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

remove spyware from downloaded movies

0 0

i tried downloading a movie off limewire, just to see if it works. After i downloaded it, my computer started slowing down and getting messes up. it is clear that it came from the movie, as that is the only thing i downloaded recently. Is there a way to remove the viris from the movie, but not delete the movie?

0 0

Start to use torrents. This will reduce the amount of viruses. If I were you, I'd remove the whole movie file.

0 1

and if your downloading movies make sure its a trusted file extension.

.avi are pretty safe, but want to watch out for .mpeg and. wmv

0 0

@biggnick limewire.. if you want to use it get pro. otherwise do what cheese said and use torrents even though its a bitch through a router. youll have to directly connect and not through a router to allow faster access to torents. otherwise you have to open a port on your router which sucks…

0 0

ok, thanks alot… i am behind a router, but ill try torrents anyway.

0 0

if you have any questions about what is infected or not here are two sites that might help.

virustotal.com

virusscan.jotti.org

Also, MP3 files can be infected (or atleast in theory they can, I read an article about that a couple weeks ago.)

I will post it if I can find it.

0 0

agreed. torrents are a much safer bet when it comes to downloading. i am also behind a router, but the ports were automatically detected so it wasnt all that much of a bitch for me to begin using the torrents.

two torrents that ive used and have had no problems with are bittornado and bitspirit. i suggest looking into either one of them…

and also a couple of sites, www.mininova.org and www.torrentreactor.com

mininova is my prefered site… but i guess it all depends on what your looking for.

my sister baught limewire pro awhile back and it did absolutely nothing different, so i wouldnt go spending the money.

Banned
0 0

r3drock3t88 wrote: agreed. torrents are a much safer bet when it comes to downloading. i am also behind a router, but the ports were automatically detected so it wasnt all that much of a bitch for me to begin using the torrents.

two torrents that ive used and have had no problems with are bittornado and bitspirit. i suggest looking into either one of them…

and also a couple of sites, www.mininova.org and www.torrentreactor.com

mininova is my prefered site… but i guess it all depends on what your looking for.

my sister baught limewire pro awhile back and it did absolutely nothing different, so i wouldnt go spending the money.

You dont HAVE to buy it. Remember - Limewire is a filesharing program, just download LW Pro lol.

Bl4ckC4t

0 0

hahaha your absolutely right…now a days you can use the downloading software to downloaded the buyable version… its great, granit we didnt think of that… hahah