Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

find ip open ports

0 0

does anyone know how can i find open firewall ports?? beacause i can't download anythink from azureaus etc..from the uni :)

0 0

are you wanting to open your ports or see which ones are opened?

0 0

I think he wants to check which ports he has open.

Depedning on your firewall, I think you should be able to set your permissions for programs (i.e. Azureus), so that they can open ports, send/recieve via ports, etc.

0 0

I have the same question… A was reading a thread in another forum and I guy said he has found a router (using a port scanner.. ) which was completely "open" to everething. My questions are: 1o) how exaclty port scanners work? 2o) and how can I check if my router is secure from internet attacks?

0 0

Look1nG4fan wrote: I have the same question… A was reading a thread in another forum and I guy said he has found a router (using a port scanner.. ) which was completely "open" to everething. My questions are: 1o) how exaclty port scanners work? 2o) and how can I check if my router is secure from internet attacks?

You need to know how ports work before you know how a port scanner works. Ports are basically access points to your computer from remote locations and programs/services can be assigned to these ports so that they can handle certain protocols.

A port scanner constantly sends tiny packets of data to an ip address, but on a different port each time. Depending on the response it gets from the port, the scanner can tell if the port is open, filtered, or closed.

To check your personal firewall for leaks, you can visit this site.

For your router…some routers come with built-in firewalls to protect them from outsiders, others you might need to get one yourself.

If any of what I am saying is wrong someone please correct me. ;)

0 0
  1. A portscanner is a program that tries to connect to ports on a remote host, if it success the port is open, and it writes it out the result.
  2. You cant really be 100% secure (unless you're not pull the plug ;)), but try enter the routers ip in the url, and login. Routers is used to have a "port-forwarding" function, or something close to it. See if some port, you dont use is open, and if it is, try to close it. But still, backdoors etc. is used to open a port on your computer, and send a small ping-packet to the client part (The attacker). If the ping success the router is gonna allow the tunnel, and the attacker can start send/recive stuff from you. So get a nice firewall and anti-virus to be as much secure as you can. I hope you got something out of this. GLHF.

And the comment, you said renegade ninja, seems to be correct :)

0 0

I have Zone Alarm Pro and i think it's good. Le'ts say that I have the IP of a user and i have port-scanned him.. How will I know in which port to connect and how can I connect to his computer just to download a file.. to see how it works.. I only know port 80 and 21 or 22.. thx for the replies :)

0 0

well mate, odds are not good that you'll be able to just scan for a port and get a file from his computer…things dont work that way unless he has it enabled, and most people dont. perhaps you should do a bit more research on ports and networks before you try this stuff. :)

The Manager
0 0

Look1nG4fan wrote: I have Zone Alarm Pro and i think it's good. Le'ts say that I have the IP of a user and i have port-scanned him.. How will I know in which port to connect and how can I connect to his computer just to download a file.. to see how it works.. I only know port 80 and 21 or 22.. thx for the replies :)

Okay…from what I see here you do not really know anything about computer security. Zone Alarm is a software firewall system which is weak. But besides that the ports you listed are standard ports.

80 == HTTP 21 == FTP 22 == SSH

if you want some listings on ports and such why not google?

I would really suggest learning more about the TCP/IP Protocols and then start to delve into Port work. But if you are too lazy to do this then you are in the wrong place :evil:

0 0

…And you will never be able to connect to a person through your firewall (duh) and you can't simply download any file from any computer just by knowing their IP adress :xx: cmon in that case no one would store anything secret on a computer…

Learn more about protocols, ports etc etc and then google for remote connection (but I'm quite sure you won't be able to download the files from your 'victim' anyway lol).

0 0

Download nmap from www.insecure.org it's a portscanner,os scanner,and has a ton of features.

0 0

No point in downloading Nmap if he doesn't understand how these things work. I agree that he needs to do some of his own research into these topics.

Look1nG4fan wrote: I have Zone Alarm Pro and i think it's good. Le'ts say that I have the IP of a user and i have port-scanned him.. How will I know in which port to connect and how can I connect to his computer just to download a file.. to see how it works.. I only know port 80 and 21 or 22.. thx for the replies :)

Let's say you have the IP of someone and you port scanned him…How will you know which port to connect to?

You should know what port you want to connect to by what service is running and what you want to do…You say you want to download a file? Then you would probably connect to a port that is running an FTP server. Oh no! I connected to the FTP service but it says I'm not logged in! You need to get an on the server. This is referred to as rooting. And now I leave you to do research on your own.

BLACKFIRESECURITY

0 0

Look I'm not THAT noob! I know that questions like those are very stupid.. it's just that I cn't explain in english what I really want… And the reason that i don't read much is not that I am lazy.. It's just that I'm studying pretty hard for school, it's my last year and it's… well… BAD ! any way thx again !