Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Disk Drives

0 0

i just installed a new hard drive now all of my letters are screwed up my floppy is drive a my 1st hard drive is drive c my 2nd is drive F my flashdrive is drive e and my CD is drive d

can someone help me fix it soo my 2nd hard drive is drive d and all the others get booted up, also, can i make my flashdrize Drive Z?

0 0

mrdj204 wrote: i just installed a new hard drive now all of my letters are screwed up my floppy is drive a my 1st hard drive is drive c my 2nd is drive F my flashdrive is drive e and my CD is drive d

can someone help me fix it soo my 2nd hard drive is drive d and all the others get booted up, also, can i make my flashdrize Drive Z?

hey bud, i recently bought a portable harddrive and the default for that was conflicting with another drive i had installed, so i had to change the drive letter.

to do this….

1. right click on my computer
  2. click manage
  3. On the menu to the left, you'll see Disk management— Click it
  4. Let it load, once loaded you'll see all of the disks installed.
  5. Right click on the disk you wish to change, and click "Change drive letter and path"
  6. Once loaded, click the "Edit" tab, another window will pop up.
  7. Click the drop down window with the letter in it, and scroll to the letter you wish to change to.

from there you should be good ;) any troubles let me know… See ya

0 0

mrdj204 wrote: i just installed a new hard drive now all of my letters are screwed up my floppy is drive a my 1st hard drive is drive c my 2nd is drive F my flashdrive is drive e and my CD is drive d

hey bud, i recently bought a portable harddrive and the default for that was conflicting with another drive i had installed, so i had to change the drive letter.

to do this….

1. right click on my computer
  2. click manage
  3. On the menu to the left, you'll see Disk management— Click it
  4. Let it load, once loaded you'll see all of the disks installed.
  5. Right click on the disk you wish to change, and click "Change drive letter and path"
  6. Once loaded, click the "Edit" tab, another window will pop up.
  7. Click the drop down window with the letter in it, and scroll to the letter you wish to change to.

from there you should be good ;) any troubles let me know… See ya

0 0

how would i change the CD drive? i got the hard drive and my flash drive but i cant find those

0 0

i got it :);):|:(:o:pB):D:@:angry::happy::ninja::xx::radio::whoa::wow::vamp::right::love::matey::evil: ive always wanted to do that

0 0

mrdj204 wrote: how would i change the CD drive? i got the hard drive and my flash drive but i cant find those

– well on my computer it shows the CD drive in the location i tlod you to go, so im not too sure as to why you arent seeing it… go there again, and load it again… it should be there, if not then put a CD in there and see if that loads it in there

– for the floppy disk, i didnt see anything about it in the place i showed you, but if you open my computer and simply rightclick on the floppy disk, hit properties, a menu comes up with "label" you can change it there i believe.

if anyone else knows of a simpler way for this, or wants to prove me wrong go right ahead, no hard feelings.

0 0

To change your flashdrives letter goto the MMC like someone has already siad and change it, while it is inserted.

by default Windows assigns these drive letters A. Floppy Disk B. I believe this to again be a floppy disk letter although i belive you can assign it to something else C. normally the drive the system is installed on D. normally the first CD/DVD drive the rest just get assigned as and when needed. for instance theses are mine

A. Floppy B. C.HDD 1 (SYSTEM) D.CDRW drive E.HDD2 (Page File) F. Virtual DVD drive G. everything else i plug in lol (i only