Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Need help fast!

0 0

Hi all.

I've built a computer for my friend, but there's some kind of problem. When I started it the first time, I got into the nVidia Boot Agent (just as I should), and when I inserted a WinXP CD and restarted it loaded the setup succesfully, but I couldn't install Windows since the keyboard didn't work. I restarted the PC, and now I can't even get into the setup or the boot agent. I can't enter BIOS since the computer doesn't take any input from the keyboard. After the POST (Power On Self Test) the computer locks, with just the flashing little marker in the upper left corner.

What could be wrong? All help is really appreciated. I've already tried with another keyboard btw.

0 0

Try the keyboard in a different port

0 0

Try a different keyboard…lol

0 0

Already tried another keyboard… ^^ And it's in the correct port. Any other ideas? :xx:

0 0

doesnt matter if its in the correct port. maybe there is some problem with that particular physical port. i had a problem like that with my pc. is it USB connected? PS2? if its USB try all USB connections you have on your pc.

does caps lock makes a light during the boot? does the GPU bios start? btw if you keyboard does not work your OS will not boot, the bios will give you a "Keyboard not present" style error.

0 0

try taking out the battery,your BIOS uses for it's memory. it should be a small round one.put it back after a few minutes.

hope this helps you out…

peace.

0 0

enforcer wrote: doesnt matter if its in the correct port. maybe there is some problem with that particular physical port. i had a problem like that with my pc. is it USB connected? PS2? if its USB try all USB connections you have on your pc.

does caps lock makes a light during the boot? does the GPU bios start? btw if you keyboard does not work your OS will not boot, the bios will give you a "Keyboard not present" style error.

Yeah I'm starting to believe that too… Ut's PS2 connected, the GPU bios starts, all fans start etc, I don't get a keyboard error even if I start without a keyboard :right:

Will try resetting CMOS… But still need more ideas.

0 0

lol just wanted to offer you to restart the CMOS ^^

you little idea thief ^^

just be careful not to break anything…. ah…. good days of bypassing bios password by cleaning the CMOS…. good ole days ^^

what BIOS do you have anyway?

0 0

lol just wanted to offer you to restart the CMOS ^^

you little idea thief ^^

just be careful not to break anything…. ah…. good days of bypassing bios password by cleaning the CMOS…. good ole days ^^

what BIOS do you have anyway?

0 0

enforcer wrote: just be careful not to break anything…. ah…. good days of bypassing bios password by cleaning the CMOS…. good ole days ^^

Lol I've resetted CMOS quite many times before :)… So I won't break anyhting. Except from my head if this doesn't work :xx: