Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Windows login screens?

0 0

ok, i have a few questions concerning windows login screens, recently i helped set up a network for a small primary school… now before we put the computers (ibm's running XP) on the local domain they had the login screen whereby you click on a username and then type the corresponding password…

after we put them on the local domain they had a different login screen which was a box with 2 text fields (user, pass) and a dropdown with the local computer or the local domain selectable to log onto…

i was wondering: why widonws XP does this? if i can force windows to choose the second login screen? and if there is a way to get a command prompt in the 1st login screen (which i can get in the second using the [windows logo]+[u] shortcut key

cheers for anyone that took the time to read this and if anyone can help me i would be very happy =]

cheers… JAM

0 0

Well when you are at the common login screen, you can press Ctrl+Alt+Del to get to the other one. (If you're running XP Home, you can also do this and login with username Administrator and no password ;))

0 0

ok first sounds like the welcome screen on xp and the second is the classic login screen. i dont think its possible to have it go back to the welcome screen if its on a domain as the welcome screen only stores/shows local user accounts and not network ones but you can always hit ctrl+alt+del ( twice) at the welcome screen to get the classic one