Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Disabling Content Advisor

0 0

I know [in fact i hope] that this question might sound dumb to some of you but how can I disable the content advisor of Internet Explorer without having the password????????

0 0

::::I already run firefox:::

but i need to disable this piece of shit!

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

How about simply uninstalling IE?

0 0

You can't actually uninstall IE. You can down/upgrade to another version and hope the content disabling shit doesn't work anymore after that. Which version of IE are you running?

0 0

I tried!

I TRIED!!

..but each time it tells me it's uninstalled but…it's still here!!! :angry::angry:

• it's screwing my msn messenger::::

0 1

easy. i found out this trick a while ago when a friend got me to do the same thing.

theres a registry value that has the password in, so you just delete that registry entry and itll bypass it.

you'll have to google / use common sense to find out where its located in the registry (was a year or two ago when i did it, so cant really remember)

0 0

thats really Microsoft security :X

0 0

How will i know i got the right registry????

+ i have no idea where to look for that!

I'm completely desperate!!!

0 0

r-tard :P

GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE GOOGLE

http://www.winguides.com/registry/display.php/60/

0 0

I got it!!!!!!!!

1. Click on Start and choose Run.

2. Type in RegEdit and select OK.

3. Now click on the little plus sign to the left of H_KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.

4. Continue to drill down, always clicking on the plus sign at the left of the named key, through Software, Microsoft, Windows, Current Version and Policies.

5. Now click on the Ratings folder.

6. In the right pane of the RegEdit window, you'll see an icon called Key. Click on it and press Delete.

7. Next, choose Registry and then Exit to exit RegEdit. You've just deleted your original Content Advisor password.

8. Restart the computer and run Internet Explorer again.

9. Choose View and then Internet Options (or Options for version 3.x). For IE 5 or greater, Click on Tools, Internet Options.

10. Click on the Content tab and click on Disable. When asked for a password, don't enter anything; just click on OK. This will disable Content Advisor because there's no longer a password.

http://www.pchell.com/support/contentadvisor.shtml

Banned
0 0

[sarcasm]Crappysoft's Security rox again!!

If I ever program an OS, remind me that I want its security based solely on crappysoft and not Linux![/sarcasm]

I dont know how they got to live this long. Congrats to the idiots for creating the most insecure OS there can possibly be.

Bl4ckC4t

0 0

bl4ckc4t wrote: [sarcasm]Crappysoft's Security rox again!!

If I ever program an OS, remind me that I want its security based solely on crappysoft and not Linux![/sarcasm]

I dont know how they got to live this long. Congrats to the idiots for creating the most insecure OS there can possibly be.

Bl4ckC4t

If I were on a WoW forum, I would reply, "QFT."

But I'm not, so I won't. ;)

Google the number of attacks on Linux-based systems, then google the number of attacks on XP. (Although this logic is ultimately falliable.)

Either way, any operating system that allows the user to manipulate it past the set protocols (allowing the user to program things, etc.) is insecure. Because PEOPLE are the TROJAN. (Paraphrase, for 400!)