Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

What do I need?

0 0

My computer just reformatted itself and I lost pretty much everything, since I need to re-download everything maybe some of you have suggestions?

I've already got: Firefox Thunderbird Acrobat Reader WinAmp Messenger Limewire

I have a feeling there was alot of stuff that I forgot, so anything you reccomend I should get is welcome, please note that I'm not looking for tools to help me hack or anything like that, just enough stuff to get my computer usable again, and nothing that I have to pay for.

0 0

Scrap limewire and get azureus or utorrent. Winrar Open office or Microsoft office Some IRC client (if you use IRC) Some FTP client (if you use FTP) Notepad++ (or some other text editor) CCleaner

I would have mentioned all the servers I use, but you may not be a web developer.

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Bloodshed Dev-Cpp if you like C++ ACE Mega CoDecS Pack <– loads of codecs for various media players iTunes 7 WinRAR/WinZip

0 0

Thanks I got most of the above, but are there any small VB compilers, because Bloodshed is only 9MBs and it can compile C++, however any VB compilers I've found are usually inconcievably big (several hundred MBs)

0 0

other than the ones listed above, if you do communication type things then -Skype -Trillian / Gaim / aim -Ventrillo -Xfire

0 0

Scatterchat Comodo Firewall SmartFTP Tor Bundle

-=[TheOutlaw]=-
20 0

Xchat if you like irc iTunes if you like music (iTunes rules :)) msn if you like messaging (aim sucks) apache + php + cURL/libcurl + MySQL if you'd like to run your box as a server A lot of firefox addons xD

the master of nanoy(.org)
0 0

personally I recommend for hacking: netstumbler (wireless tool) John the ripper (hash cracker) Cain and Abel (loads of usefull stuff) RefSpoof (referer spoofer) PKcrack (zip cracker) Olly debugger (handy crackking tool) Hex editors (always handy) Etheral (awsome program) Honeypots (to catch nasty hackers :p) Numega smart check API spy VB reformer VNC (for hacked box's) Proxy programs Flash decompiler (crack those newgrounds games) ubuntu (duel boot)

anything else I have forgotten… oh yeah the programs from my site ! :D hope this list helps… lots of good stuff

Admin from hell
0 0

I could go on and on with programs..But let me make a suggestion to everyone. When you download a program save the file to cd that way you always have a back-up in case of massive failure. Save your key with it. And also do a system back-up that way you'll never start from scratch;) I have 126 programs on cd for back-up just in case. And counting:p