Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Boot screen i Linux

0 0

Hello, I am having a problem. On my computer do I have linux and Windows XP. And for a moment ago, di I have to formate my windows. But the problem now is that when I start up the computer do I not gte the screen where I can choose linux our XP. I tried to rund the cd with recusemode (ubuntu) but I think there are somthing wrong on my APIC/AIPC (I dont rember how it are spelled) how can I turn that of? Becuse after a while to it only stop and will not continue. :S

0 0

When you format with windows it over writes the boot manager. All you need to do is to re-install your boot manager. If your using Ubuntu then its probably grub. Put in the your ubuntu CD and pick the option to install grub

0 0

Yes, I use a ubuntu cd. But you say that I schould innstall GRUB. Can I install that frome the cd in windows our do I have to boot up with UBUNTU. If so. What is the command. Because I do only have few options: Install Linux, Recuse MOde, System Security and some other I dont rember sorry. :( ;)

The Manager
0 0

You need to go into RESCUE MODE to recove GRUB/LILO They are your Boot Loaders for Linux. They got over written by windows when you re-installed. so you can either repair it with your Ubuntu disc or reinstall Ubuntu.

Hope that helped.

0 0

It did help someway… Because I did know that I could do it in the recuse mode. But my problem is that when I open recuse mode. Do it stop after a while. And do not continue… Do sombody know what the problem is?

0 0

try using a low setting text mode installation instead of GUI installation. That might do the trick, since your video card is not detected yet. Hope that works.

0 0

Can you give me the text commando for that? ;)