Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

Sound Not Working

0 0

My sound port or whatever isn't working, i think its just spyware disabling it, last time i had this problem i called cust service and they said to send it back, which i am not doing. so any suggestion to fix this will be very welcome. It's not the speakers because they are playing fine with my mp3 player right now.

0 0

well, if you think its spyware, you could scan for it, and i suppose if it's not, a new sound card might work.

0 0

I don't know what you think of spyware doctor, but its not picking anything up. It might be anything, im open to any suggestion.

0 1

need more info to be of any helps.

sound card drivers task manager screen print OS WinXP + SP2?

you checked for any conflicts that might be happening? done a system restore to when it was previoulsy working?

0 0

The sound card is Realtek AC'97 Audio for VIA audio controller the driver is, alcxwdm 5.10.5730 built by WinDDK OS is WinXP Home what do you mean screen print of task manager? like a screen shot?

system restore is my last resort since ive just uploaded alot of cds, roughly around 50, and it would just be a pain, so anyother option is good.

0 1

system restore doesnt affect most files.

only affects DLL's / INI's / EXE's / the registry etc etc

things like mp3 / docs and all personal files arent affected.

and if you find out it is fucked up since the restore you can just undo the restore you did.

i suggest doing that first.

0 0

gumby wrote: I don't know what you think of spyware doctor, but its not picking anything up. It might be anything, im open to any suggestion.

there are a few other free ones like Spybot S&d and try a few online viruses scans bitdefender and trend micro are good and if you want you can download avg free which is good as well

0 0

DO like i did the last time my crap screw up my drivers were on a bad disk portion so i got and external hard drive backed up all my studff and reformated :) it was great then every thing worked again but i also haf a second disk that was working great and wasnt going bad

0 0

DO like i did the last time my crap screw up my drivers were on a bad disk portion so i got and external hard drive backed up all my studff and reformated :) it was great then every thing worked again but i also haf a second disk that was working great and wasnt going bad