Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Open a port...

0 0

Does anyone know how to open a port on a belkin54g? I'm trying to set-up my own radio and I need to open a port!

0 1

make a quick program to open a port for you and direct its incomming packets to whatever source you choose.

disable your firewall incase you get any problems.

read up on socket programming if you arent sure. the program should be easy to make, could finish it in 20mins.

the master of nanoy(.org)
0 0

192.168.2.1 (inbrowser) > login> in the left tab under firewall go to application gateways > add the desired port there

0 0

ROB52 wrote: why not scan your box for an open port which is not in use and try using that one

how do i do that?

0 0

use my way i HAVE that router!

0 0

HAHAHA! Best thread so far today!

0 0

nanoymaster wrote: use my way i HAVE that router!

i send u a PM 'casue i couldnt figure out what you ment, check your inbox and you'll see yours was the first on i tried, lmao

0 0

You guys are idiots.

He's trying to route a port on his router.

Not just open a port.

0 0

thousandtoone wrote: You guys are idiots.

He's trying to route a port on his router.

Not just open a port.

Nope, all I need to do is open in than I can stream with WinAmp, were you being sarcastic?

=)

0 0

in your browser type http://192.168.2.1 then press return/enter you should then have a screen that has on it: Before you can change any settings, you need to log in with a password.If you have not yet set a custom password, then leave this field blank and click "Submit".

type your password, if you have one and click the submit button

on the left hand side there should be lots of links/options/stuff you can do!

one of them is "Application Gateways" (just under firewall) click that link

you will get a screen with: Trigger Port Trigger Type Public Port Public Type Enabled

lets pretend you want to use port 6881, TCP (bittorent/azureus) set it to:

Trigger Port Trigger Type Public Port Public Type Enabled 6881 TCP 6881 TCP (tick)

then scroll to the bottom and click "Apply Changes"

that should be all. I hope this helps, if I am totaly wrong, forgive me. p.s. I never got your PM

0 0

By writing a socket application to listen on the port on your computer, what do you accomplish?

What you're trying to do is start WinAmp listening on a port, and have people externally have the ability to connect to that port. That means the router has to know where to point traffic at that point to in the internal network.

0 0

fuck it, I was just trying to be helpfull, like I actually care! thousandtoone I give up, congrats if you are right, this has only come from experiance with MY router/comp, I'm sure each is different. however I have never setup an audio stream of anykind (mainly cos I think they are gey, i mean I have winamp so I can listen to my music not someone elses) any way back on topic… wish you the best of luck with your port problem. if you find my info useful w00t if not, oh well…

0 0

Nanoy, calm down. I wasn't responding to you.

From a quick glance, I see nothing wrong with what you were saying. :)

Edit: To clarify, that was just my frustration that all posts BUT yours were completely off mark.

0 0

well in that case sorry bout the harsh post… my mistake. I'm ova with this topic.. see ya'

0 0

nanoymaster wrote: in your browser type http://192.168.2.1 then press return/enter you should then have a screen that has on it: Before you can change any settings, you need to log in with a password.If you have not yet set a custom password, then leave this field blank and click "Submit".

type your password, if you have one and click the submit button

on the left hand side there should be lots of links/options/stuff you can do!

one of them is "Application Gateways" (just under firewall) click that link

you will get a screen with: Trigger Port Trigger Type Public Port Public Type Enabled

lets pretend you want to use port 6881, TCP (bittorent/azureus) set it to:

Trigger Port Trigger Type Public Port Public Type Enabled 6881 TCP 6881 TCP (tick)

then scroll to the bottom and click "Apply Changes"

that should be all. I hope this helps, if I am totaly wrong, forgive me. p.s. I never got your PM

Jesus, I'm an idiot, thank you so much, I couldn't find Application Gateway but I clicked the link I had which was Virtual Servers but couldn't figure it out 'til I saw there was a list of games/applications, so now I'm good thanks to you!