Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

[Solved] Safe multi accounting?

0 0

Let's assume I'd like to create 2 accounts somewhere. Wether it's on a forum or in an online browser game. I know that I have to follow the following rules:

• change user agent
  • use proxy
  • use different e-mail accounts
  • use totally different usernames and passwords on the site
  • use common sense when posting/saying anything at all in public.
  • use a different computer for both and never exchange them or:
    • clear all cookies every time (does firefox also kill any possible hidden cookies?)

Now I think this will work on most sites. But:

• Can games created with like flash or unity3d plant something else on the computer besides a cookie? This would be solved by using a different computer for every account of course.
  • Does using virtualization like VMWare work around the cookie/implant issue ? Or can they somehow read your MAC? I could implement an auto-rollback on every reboot on the VM so that they can't even implant anything at all.
  • Can they see what OS you use and what version it is and such to determine if you could possibly be the same client?
  • Anything else?

0 0

Napoleon wrote:

• Can games created with like flash or unity3d plant something else on the computer besides a cookie? Yes. Flash shared objects. You can just delete them yourself though - no need for another computer.

Napoleon wrote:

• Does using virtualization like VMWare work around the cookie/implant issue ? Or can they somehow read your MAC? I could implement an auto-rollback on every reboot on the VM so that they can't even implant anything at all. This would stop them saving anything on your computer, so yes, it would stop the cookie issue. They can't get your MAC address.

Napoleon wrote:

• Can they see what OS you use and what version it is and such to determine if you could possibly be the same client? Yes. It's sent with your user agent. Have a look at http://panopticlick.eff.org/ for a list of things that can be used to identify you.