Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Blue Screen Of Death

0 0

Alright so I have have a brand new Gateway NV78 Laptop running Windows 7 Ultimate. I had no problems with it until now. I have gotten the feared Blue Screen of Death. So Far I have been able to get the codes

PFN_LIST_CORRUPT

SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION

And as for files

Fltmgr.sys

win32k.sys

Can anyone tell me what to do to get rid of the blue screen of death?

Thanks, Network X

Banned
0 0

Easy: remove windows.

Future Emperor of Earth
0 0

You should PM korg in case he doesn't see this thread.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

It looks like a hardware problem, probably the RAM. Have you done a memtest? That would be my first place to start.

But, yeah, Korg would probably know better than anyone else here.

0 0

Alright well I took out one of the RAM Chips, and it seemed to go away. So Im guessing its the RAM I need to replace?

And I also updated the MotherBoard

Admin from hell
0 0

Ok so you updated the mobo. Do you have the newest bios edition installed? It should be V2.12 for that unit. Update your bios (If it's not already) then put your ram back in and see what it does. Not saying it can't be bad just it would be kinda uncommon in this day and age. I would still run the memory dump to verify your actual problem before just buying parts and trying. ;)

0 0

Okay I tried putting the ram back in and the BSOD Came back up. Then I take it back out and it goes away. RAM Much?

Retired
10 0

I had this problem too.

1. What sizes are the ram sticks?
  2. What order? (larger or smaller first?)

Try switching the order you put them in. That's how I fixed it on 3 separate computers.

Admin from hell
0 0

Sounds like it may have shit the bed on you. I'd say if your all updated get some new ram, should hook you up. If you don't mind send me your last memory dump I'm curious to see where the error occurred.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

I love that warm, fuzzy feeling I get when I take a massive shot in the dark and end up right. ;)