Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Macaphee pwn...

0 0

Has anyone heard about this?

This gave me a Trojan idea. With a keylogger inside, use updates for an excuse to send the logs to your own server. Or confirmation of an install of a backdoor.

0 1

never really like McAfee anyway, their anti-virus is terrible.

Admin from hell
0 0

This is really gonna be a big black eye for Mcafee now. Hey everyone makes mistakes but lost trust is hard to regain. I use Mcafee exclusively and have always had good results (never been jacked) but now it makes you wonder if their up to par or not. Big fuck-up.

0 0

me too, me too. I hate McAfee. I use bitDefender. I am thinking of updating to Kasperskey. btw, it feels nice to divert the topic. :D

0 0

it wasn't mentioned in the article i posted, but i read another that a lot of hospitals in Rhode Island that lost computer usage and they couldn't do surgeries or treat anyone but trauma patients.

By the readings on this instance, only corporate programs where hit. So @korg, you would be safeā€¦ for now.

0 0

Bitdefender needs to be punched in the testicles.

0 0

Best anti virus are kaspersky and Norton i think.i'm always using kaspersky with the sweet n easy trial resetter .no harm happened to my pc YET

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Nuff said.

0 0

Slowly but surely all os's are getting infected. Mcafee, Norton and f-secure all have versions for Macintosh. There must be a market for it! It's only a matter of time until they have enough for linux to get you worried. And before anyone jumps on me; no, I'm not saying the volume of malware is the same for all os's nor (probably) will it ever be. I'm just saying that soon there will be enough malware for linux and the like for it to need an antivirus.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

cyb3rl0rd1867 wrote: Slowly but surely all os's are getting infected. Mcafee, Norton and f-secure all have versions for Macintosh. There must be a market for it! It's only a matter of time until they have enough for linux to get you worried. And before anyone jumps on me; no, I'm not saying the volume of malware is the same for all os's nor (probably) will it ever be. I'm just saying that soon there will be enough malware for linux and the like for it to need an antivirus.

I'm not saying it's invulnerable, a lot of it's protection is from the fact it's a minority OS, but because of the way it's designed it will never have problems as bad as windows does, no matter how popular it is.

Not to mention having Mcafee and Norton and so on for Mac, that's really just a money grab. Personally, I don't think most anti-viruses do shit all.

0 0

AVG free get's my vote. It's not that intrusive, and there's no commitment.

Banned
0 0

A correctly configured linux will run perfectly fine & safe without the need for any "virus scanner".