Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

How to hide tor

0 0

While tor is a more reliable way to remain anonymous than most proxies, it can be detected that the client is running tor. Does anybody know how to mask this, besides the obvious of running a proxy in front of it? If anybody is interested in testing this, check out irongeek.com on the top left; it says if you are using tor.

Ninja Extreme
0 0

Assuming you are talking about stopping the server you are connecting to from knowing you are using TOR, you can create a TOR circuit that uses a non-standard exit node as it's exit node. I think I'd explain it better as a diagram:

You -> Entrance node -> server -> server -> server -> server -> exit node -> target

However, you can do this:

You -> Entrance node -> server -> server -> server -> server -> target

Which makes it less obvious you are running TOR because there are many different nodes that are not exit nodes that come and go, it's much harder for someone to keep a complete list of nodes (compared to exit nodes).

0 0

stealth- wrote: Assuming you are talking about stopping the server you are connecting to from knowing you are using TOR, you can create a TOR circuit that uses a non-standard exit node as it's exit node. I think I'd explain it better as a diagram:

You -> Entrance node -> server -> server -> server -> server -> exit node -> target

Which makes it less obvious you are running TOR because there are many different nodes that are not exit nodes that come and go, it's much harder for someone to keep a complete list of nodes (compared to exit nodes). Practically speaking, how would I implement this?

Ninja Extreme
0 0

cyb3rl0rd1867 wrote: [quote]stealth- wrote: Assuming you are talking about stopping the server you are connecting to from knowing you are using TOR, you can create a TOR circuit that uses a non-standard exit node as it's exit node. I think I'd explain it better as a diagram:

Which makes it less obvious you are running TOR because there are many different nodes that are not exit nodes that come and go, it's much harder for someone to keep a complete list of nodes (compared to exit nodes). Practically speaking, how would I implement this?[/quote]

Hmmmm, the last time I read information on that type of setup was a long time ago, and I seem to have lost the link. I found this: http://www.thesprawl.org/memdump/?entry=8, which looks close to what I was thinking of (where it talks about "leaky circuits"), however from what I read on that site I'm having second thoughts to if it still did what I thought it did, and that I'm not confusing it with something else……

Sorry my memory isn't better X|