Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

locked out of Computer *help*

0 0

Ok. So a guy at work overhears me talking about computers/hacking and says 'hey ive got this laptop that i forgot the password to, could you help me get around it and logged in?' i have no idea if i can but i like the idea of the challenge so i say sure, ill try. he drops off the laptop and im pretty sure its hot based on the fact that the login id is Ryan, and his name is well… not ryan. anywho. this is what i know.

1. Its an Acer aspire 5610-2013, running vista HomePremium
  2. There are two login choices. Ryan (where it asks for a pswd) and Guest (where it just automatically logs off if u click it? weird)
  3. If you try and change ANYTHING in say the boot priority or setup or ext it asks for an Admin password. but gives you the option to choose which user you want (admin,ryan,guest) but ryan is the only one that seems like the only one that would work.

i have an OS disk for vista HP. but i cant boot it. and im running out of ideas. any suggestions would be nice. and thanks for taking the time to read this crudely constructed post.:right:

KvK

0 0

You can try removing restriction to BIOS management by removing the CMOS battery for 30 seconds the putting it back. I've never tried this on an laptop, but it usually works on PC's. Next try booting chntpw.

http://home.eunet.no/pnordahl/ntpasswd/

It's a simple, interactive linux password removal program. These two steps usually work with me. Hope it helps. ^_^

0 0

running a linux live cd would help

or better yet, get a program(well it's more like small debian) called "OPHCRACK"and just run it at startup and you should get, i didn't tried it yet on a vista, so can't garantie you anything

0 0

Thanks for the feedback so far. Ill look into that battery idea. as for running the Linux program its not booting from the disc drive as default. so how do i get the program to run?

KvK

0 0

You'd have to move "CD" up in the boot order through the BIOS if the battery idea works. This way it reads the CD before it even touches the hard drive. :happy:

Admin from hell
0 0

On a laptop you'll need to remove the battery for at least 30 Minutes, not seconds. The prom will hold juice at least this long. (Or you can short the board but if your not sure how to do this don't!). The Trinity Rescue Kit works well on vista for password resets.

0 0

ERD Commander always worked pretty well with systems using XP. I'm not sure if it's compatible with Vista. Good luck!

KvK

0 0

Thanks for the correction, korg. I didn't know this, but now I do. I apologize if I may have mislead you, iHack7. :happy:

Admin from hell
0 0

Laptops are more complex than desktops for the fact that they are easily stolen. Some of the highend laptops actually store the bios password on the hard drive which makes it "almost impossible to recover". But I have backdoor passwords that work for techs.:p

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

Simple

bios reset manual once in bios let the computer first bot device be CD/DVD

then download "CHNTPW" iso burn it with nero burning rom then insert restart computer it will boot before Windows Reset admin pass

Done

0 0

ok as far as the battery goes nada. i simply cant find it. tore the computer apart and read dozens of tuts on how to "find the CMOS battery" its sneaky like a ninja!:ninja:

and i would love to boot these programs but like i said the priority isnt set right cuz its not booting the disc first and i cant change the priority cuz when i try and go into settings it asks for the stupid Admin/ryan/guest password. Sigh. i also read somthing about "jumping" the battery but it was a sketchy explanation at best and its not my computer so im cautious. but i really appriciate all the positive help. Thanks guys

0 0

SET wrote: Simple

bios reset manual once in bios let the computer first bot device be CD/DVD

then download "CHNTPW" iso burn it with nero burning rom then insert restart computer it will boot before Windows Reset admin pass

Done

Congratz on repeating what EvErYoNe else said & letting us know how 31337 you are with the word "simple". Feel better? ;)

KvK

0 0

I believe the Acer Aspire use Phoenix Technologies BIOS. If this is the case, try the following Phoenix backdoor BIOS passwords.

-phoenix
-CMOS
-BIOS```

As for the CMOS removal technique, apparently Acer BIOS passwords are contained in Flash RAM. So basically, it won't work.

SET

0 0

@silent

AHAHAHA i love stupid people like you because your the kinda person that makes me look smarter then i am…..Hmmmm so i did repeat stuff but i also mentioned something no one else did before me….Can you guess what it is …i am sure you can figure it out but then again maybe i give u to much credit.

0 0

SET wrote: @silent

AHAHAHA i love stupid people like you because your the kinda person that makes me look smarter then i am…..Hmmmm so i did repeat stuff but i also mentioned something no one else did before me….Can you guess what it is …i am sure you can figure it out but then again maybe i give u to much credit.

Yes but it was shame you thought you had to repeat ev1 else to make yourself sound smarter. Not to mention starting off with the wonderful "simple" comment and then continuing with the same suggestion OTHERS already said.

SET

0 0

@silent

something tells me you were the annoying kid that feels like he has to police everyone else. Instead of correcting everyone on things that don't need correcting maybe you could just add something to the thread that is thread related or STFU

0 0

SET wrote: @silent

something tells me you were the annoying kid that feels like he has to police everyone else. Instead of correcting everyone on things that don't need correcting maybe you could just add something to the thread that is thread related or STFU

Wow two things i noticed in that post. 1.) you didn't deny what i previously posted. 2.) you say im policing yet your the one giving orders. "STFU" . When you learn to "STFU" instead of ranting like an idiot. I'll do the same. ;)

0 0

Download ophcrack, burn the livecd, boot the PC with the liveCD and you've got the password. If there is a password for selecting boot device, remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds.

0 0

MoshBat wrote: Leave it out, Silent. SET. Stop running around causing trouble. It's not that hard to do, you know.

And as it sounds like the laptop is stolen, be careful. Handling of stolen goods is illegal.

On another slightly less related note, why were you talking about "hacking" when you're not able to use google to find out the answer to a question asked millions of times?

Yes moshbat :( .pouts and puts and walks away head down :P

Banned
0 0

-cL wrote: Download ophcrack, burn the livecd, boot the PC with the liveCD and you've got the password. If there is a password for selecting boot device, remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds.

Textbook answer is textbook. Read the thread next time, dipshit.

0 0

spyware wrote: [quote]-cL wrote: Download ophcrack, burn the livecd, boot the PC with the liveCD and you've got the password. If there is a password for selecting boot device, remove the CMOS battery for 30 seconds.

Textbook answer is textbook. Read the thread next time, dipshit.[/quote]

LoL +1

0 0

Thanks KvK. But just on a random guess i wondered if the CD/DVD drive wasn't the primary boot that maybe the USB drive was and presto. I booted Ubuntu with my flash drive and then had shared access to his files and by another stroke of luck the guy had a txt. document where he wrote down all his passwords for emails and whatnot in case he forgot. So bam im in. But thanks for all the help man.

To: MoshBat thanks 4 the heads up and yea i understand the risks. Though im not too worried seeing as how id just rat the guy out and like 15 ppl saw him give it to me at work. as for the "hacking part" i never said i was talking about me hacking, or being a hacker. Just computers and hacking in general. Example 'Man computers are nifty! And wouldn't it be cool to be able to hack? Like on swordfish, damn that shit is tight.' But thanks for casually insulting me anyway. Felt good. :happy:

0 0

thanks man but i got it all worked out. Im using the computer as we speak…. or as i type. Whatever.

0 0

iHack7 wrote: thanks man but i got it all worked out. Im using the computer as we speak…. or as i type. Whatever.

Well.. good to hear you figured it out. GL with the PoPo ;)

0 0

lol. i already gave it back to the guy so all is well.

0 0

iHack7 wrote: lol. i already gave it back to the guy so all is well.

A near miss then? :p