Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Stronger and faster connection through wireless B than my N connection

0 0

I bought a D-Link Simultaneous Dual-Band 2.4/5-ghz Gigabit wireless router! It's pretty nice, and doesn't act like a jerk and drop my connection when I am playing video games.

Anyways, I set up a secured home network for my house using WPA-2 I think it was. A 'G' connection and an 'N' connection. I am using the Simultaneous Dual-Band USB adapter for my desktop. :)

Problem is: when I connect to my N network, I am running about 78 Mbps and have a pretty weak connection. My G network is running 130 Mbps, and has a stronger connection.

Why is this? I thought N was faster/stronger. Could it be because I have other laptops in the house using the G network?

Edit: had to fix my subject because I spelled 'and' wrong, like a retard

0 0

Hmmm, that seems odd. I thought that N was faster than G too.

I am pretty sure thought that G wouldn't become faster if more computers are using it then the N connection. How far away from are you from the router? Maybe your router isn't putting out the N quite as far as the G. Can you move the router closer to(or right next to) the computer you are using?

See what happens then.

The Manager
0 0

undead18 wrote: I bought a D-Link Simultaneous Dual-Band 2.4/5-ghz Gigabit wireless router!

Is this the D-Link DIR -628 Xtreme N, D-Link DIR -825 Xtreme N or D-Link DIR -855 Xtreme N Dual Band Router?

Depending on your answer to this will depend upon what response you get :)