Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

SATA controller is blocking BIOS settings

0 0

I've recently installed a new SATA HDD controller to one of my PCI ports, and I haven't been able to access my BIOS settings on startup. When I remove it and reboot, I am able to access it again. I've begun to suspect that it may be the jumpers on the controller, but I'm not one to refuse a better idea. Does anyone has some ideas why this is happening or how I can correct the problem.

Note– If it helps at all, it is a Rosewill. Model No. RC-209-EX

Admin from hell
0 0

Would need some more info on your system to help, Like what drives are you connecting, Mobo, Are the drives raw and you want to install an Os on them.

0 0

My computer has one hard drive with WinXP (I know, lame. I'm gonna clean it up and partition it with some *nix), and there are currently no hard drives on the controller.

Admin from hell
0 0

Well if have nothing hooked to it, It would tend to wreak a little havok. I'll give you some tips on installing the Adaptor. If you have a drive that already has an os on it: Install the card (no drives attached) start your box and install the drivers for the Adaptor. Shutdown, Then install your drives, When you restart enter the bios of the card and set it up (Raid or native) Then enter your main bios, And set your boot to this drive. If you don't have an Os (raw drive): Copy the drivers for the card to a floppy disk, Install the card and drives together, Configure it as above, Start to load your Os when asked to install third party drivers during the set-up (Windows prompt is f6) use your floppy, Then just continue along. If you have questions feel free to post them.

0 0

Thank you, I'll try that.