Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Programs not working, Internet Issues

0 0

Ok, so basically I have been running windows XP Pro… for about a year.Through out the whole time till about 2 months ago I was running fine.Then I started to notice that whenever I would get onto the internet and google stuff. I would click on a link and then be re-directed to some sort of 'fake' page. Now coinciding with that problem I have what is called Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, to watch my computer for malware(as the name dictates), but this program has stopped working along with my Raxio Creator which is a burning program. Now I run Eset nod 32 as my Firewall and Virus protection and It has not noticed anything suspicious. So my question is this, Why are certain programs not working and why i am being re-directed to fake pages while nod says I have nothing on my system?Also I have checked my event viewer and nothing, and I have my registry cleaned and checked every morning.

Thanks in advance, Alex!

0 0

Check your C:\WINDOWS\System32\Drivers\etc\hosts file for bad entries. The only two lines you really need in this file are

::1             localhost```

Admin from hell
0 0

Sounds like you got the new root kit that's going around. Can you start the security center, windows firewall or does it give an access denied? If so it has changed all the permissions on your box hence why malwarebyte's won't work. You won't be able to install any type of program for now. Best defense I've had on this is to run the newest edition of combofix. Before you run it you must uninstall any spyware,malware and a/v program on your box. Then run combofix, In safe mode. Restart and reinstall everything and run the scans. You should be good then at least in ones I got in the past 3 weeks or so.