Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

JTR problem

0 0
  Hello everyone, i am having a problem with John the ripper (before i start, just to let you know i have used it before but i had to take it off for personal reasons for a while).

Well i have tried re-downloading it and after i extract it and all that there is no actual program just things like the password list etc. I have a feeling it is my virus scanner deleting it but I'm not sure. Could someone give me some advice,  and for now could i send someone the hash for basic 12.

***P.S***: I am new to this website (started yesterday) but i already have a little "hacking" experience, but this is probably for a different thread so ill leave it at that.

Dan031

Banned
0 0

Download the binaries.

0 0

that is what i have been downloading.

Just so you guys know i have windows XP

Banned
0 0

Disable/add exception in whatever security program(s) you have running.

"Note: a few Windows "antivirus" and "anti-spyware" products have started to recognize password recovery tools as if they were "trojans". This is how those products' vendors inflate their detected "virus" counts. The effect is that end-users are no longer able to check password recovery software for real viruses. If this affects you, please complain to your antivirus vendor."

It's on the freaking frontpage of Openwall.

0 0

Then sorry for wasting your time, but i am only 16 and have no clue how to contact my anti virus vendor (that is not a question on how to do it, as i will probably end up looking like a moron)

Again sorry for wasting your time.

Banned
0 0

dan031 wrote: Then sorry for wasting your time,

You really aren't. If you were, I wouldn't be here.

dan031 wrote: but i am only 16

Age doesn't matter. At, all.

dan031 wrote: and have no clue how to contact my anti virus vendor (that is not a question on how to do it, as i will probably end up looking like a moron)

You don't need to contact your vendor. You have to open up your antivirus/anti-spyware (haha) programs, and add jtr to the exception list. You can also just kill them for a second.

dan031 wrote: Again sorry for wasting your time.

Again, you aren't. Stop thinking you are, because that's selfish.

0 0

Thank you for the help then