Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

graphics card problem

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

hi, i am having a problem with a game i am playing on my Acer Aspire 5310 laptop, GTA San Andreas, well its all games actually, but with san andreas i have a strange problem, when i install car mods and then see them in game, it goes really choppy and stutters, then i face away from the car and it is fine, this also happens when i see alot of cars, even unmodded ones, my laptop is by far capeable of running this game, im asking here because apsolutely no one seems to be able to help. see next post for spec

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

These are my specs 1.60 GHz (the game only needs 1.00) 2GB RAM intel Media accelerator 950 windows vista any help would really be appreciated

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

moshbat wrote: Your graphics card just isn't good enough. The "choppy" bit you refer to is actually a very low frame rate (Frames Per Second). I would upgrade, if possible.

well ive read about my grapics card (Intel GMA 950) and on intels website it says 'PCI express* x16 port available to upgrade to higher performance if required for extreme gaming' and thats all it says :s , i really want to upgrade/expand my graphics card but dont know how :s thanks for your help

:(
80 120

If you want to make sure your system is good enough to play a game before buying it, http://www.systemrequirementslab.com will help you out. It analyzes your computer and compares it to the games' requirements. Sure, you could do it by eye and possibly miss something and buy a game you can't play, but the site makes everything easier. Personally, I stay away from computer gaming because I don't feel like paying $100 to upgrade my system every time a new game comes out.

Ok, so I'm exaggerating again. It's not really that expensive. Happy mosh?

The Manager
0 0

TROY wrote: well ive read about my grapics card (Intel GMA 950) and on intels website it says 'PCI express* x16 port available to upgrade to higher performance if required for extreme gaming' and thats all it says :s , i really want to upgrade/expand my graphics card but dont know how :s thanks for your help

Okay, you have an Onboard graphics card. Not a good thing for gaming. You have a few options. Upgrade your laptops video card or not play it on your laptop.

If you have any questions let me know. Best bet is to put a nVidea Video Card in and you would want at least 256MB VRAM.

Banned
0 0

Definitely upgrade. You wrote the website states it has a PCI express* x16 port which means you can grab an excellent card for very little cash. (PCI-E 2.0 cards can be used on PCI-E slots. btw) As stated before try to get 256MB onboard or higher.

Oh and moshdude next time just ask to explain.

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

hellboundhackersok wrote: Definitely upgrade. You wrote the website states it has a PCI express* x16 port which means you can grab an excellent card for very little cash. (PCI-E 2.0 cards can be used on PCI-E slots. btw) As stated before try to get 256MB onboard or higher.

Oh and moshdude next time just ask to explain. Where could i get one of these cards, do you have any sites or stores etc you could refer me to? Thanks very much

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]TROY wrote: [quote]hellboundhackersok wrote: Definitely upgrade. You wrote the website states it has a PCI express* x16 port which means you can grab an excellent card for very little cash. (PCI-E 2.0 cards can be used on PCI-E slots. btw) As stated before try to get 256MB onboard or higher.

Oh and moshdude next time just ask to explain. Where could i get one of these cards, do you have any sites or stores etc you could refer me to? Thanks very much[/quote] Ebay.[/quote]

From what i've seen on ebhay the cards there are desktop sized cards and certainly wouldnt fit in a laptop

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

lol :P if it only it was that simple

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]TROY wrote: lol :P if it only it was that simple Ah, I just had a look. There are none :P Well, you could always just Google a model that you want/will fit your motherboard.[/quote]

lol :P well thanks for your help man. I think i might take it into somewhere like PC World. Only thing about those places is they charge you £50 to tell you that you have a laptop, and an extra £100 to look inside :P .

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

I'm charging a relative £20 for fixing his laptop. £40, if you count the new hard-drive.

what was wrong with it?

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

moshbat wrote: [quote]TROY wrote: [quote] I'm charging a relative £20 for fixing his laptop. £40, if you count the new hard-drive.

what was wrong with it?[/quote] Hard-drive broke, somehow… I tried dis-assembling it, magnet, and even checked it worked with my PC (adapters,) which it didn't, so I bought a 60GB one as a replacement. Which was +20GB more than the other. I thought my price was reasonable.[/quote]

Sounds good to me. But these guys at the PC World near my house are shit then, they have this team called the tech guys ( supposedly good with computers) and i asked them about improving my FPS rate and the guy had no idea what i was talking about :P lol

The Krazy Bastard
0 0

:D How much did you get charged for asking? :P hahaha nothing, Amazingly!, but if i said anymore they probably would have suggested me to do a pc health check with them, which costs £50 :@ :S, just for them to tell you something that anyone with half a brain could easily figure out using their computer and google.

Admin from hell
0 0

Well let's start at the basics the man has Intergrated video, There is no card to replace or upgrade for christ's sake. As for your PCI express x16 port adapter that's used on desktops to adapt an 1x pci express slot up to 16x pci express. Now back to your gaming problem, Do you have the latest drivers for your video adapter and the latest version of directx. These games use Direct draw acceleration, Check your settings in the directx diagnosis.