Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

BSoD when trying to run game

0 0

I installed Heroes of Might and Magic IV on a 64-bit Vista Ultimate. But when I try to run it I get a blue screen saying something about cdd.dll I've googled a bit and found stuff about running it in compatibility mode and setting the color to 16-bit.

I tried running it in compatibility mode for XP SP2, as administrator, disable visual themes, disable desktop composition, disable display scaling on high DPI settings and setting color to 16 bit instead of 32. But none have worked, all leading to the blue screen.

Isn't there any way to get it to run on 64-bit? Preferably without a virtual machine.

0 0

Thanks for the reply.

Downloaded it but when I ran the install file it say that it didn't apply to this system. However, I know that this is a x64-based system (tried with the x86-version as well, just to check). So I expanded the installation file and installed it using the package manager and it's now installed. Restarted my computer just to be sure.

But the game is still causing a blue screen. :( Any more ideas?

The Manager
0 0

Not to sound rude or anything…but thought of Downgrading to XP?

I hate Vista with a passion…and not just because it is Windows but because it is buggy as hell and built for the computer illiterate.

Anyways, other than downgrade to XP I cannot say.

0 0

The illiterate. This is the truth, another garbage OS by Windows.. Yet they hide behind their billions. I say, time to make a new linux kernal and reinvent Windows. And im not talking about Linspire.

Banned
0 0

Try a no-cd crack.

0 0

I tried installing Heroes III instead and it worked directly. I'll try with another crack for Heroes IV and see how it goes.

Thanks for the replies.