Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

patching jtr

0 0

Does any1 know how to patch jtr on windows? I tried patching it - but no luck got No such file or directory (ENOENT)

tried john-386 patch <patchname.diff>

any ideas?

using: John the Ripper 1.7.0.1

Banned
0 0

–patch, I'm guessing.

0 0

tried it but getting: Unknown option: "–patch"

Banned
0 0

shrug, -patch then? Are you sure the right command is patch? Try -? or –help for parameter info.

0 0

doesn't work - same error …….

any ideas?

0 0

-patch and - -patch aren't parameters. In fact, it isn't an existing option. If you're trying to update an existing JTR, i would just recommend re-downloading/installing it.

0 0

I'm not updating it, I'm using the latest verion available for windows…. I'm trying to get it to crack md5 hashes …..

atm I can't :( it says 2 hashes loaded with no different salts (NT……….)

and it goes on and on and on….. so I guess I can't crack md5 with it :(

EDIT: I know it won't show anything unless I either press any key/it finishes cracking - what I mean is, that it keeps cracking and cracking - it never ends lol hashes that are very simple

Admin from hell
0 0

@cinek I have NO Fucking idea what you were trying to patch and where you got the command "patch" from Damn.

cinek Said:
I'm trying to get it to crack md5 hashes

Yeah, It already does. The problem is your using a brute force attack which could take anywhere from a minute to 10 yrs! Build yourself a nice big wordlist then do a dictionary attack, My wordlist can usually crack a MD5 in less than a minute. By the way cain has nothing on jtr if you know how to use it.

Banned
0 0

You need to use this if you want to patch with those pesky .diff files

Admin from hell
0 0

Spy he's using windows, .diff files are for linux.

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: By the way cain has nothing on jtr if you know how to use it.

Well he doesn't :p so Cain'll do for now ;)

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: Spy he's using windows, .diff files are for linux.

Cygwin supports Patch but I doubt it works on the win version of JTR. Ah, well. OP: get a better OS ;)

0 0

spyware wrote: Ah, well. OP: get a better OS ;)

Nicely said! ;)

Python Ninja
0 0

korg wrote: Spy he's using windows, .diff files are for linux.

Bah, no they're not.

They're produced primarily by GNU diff, but also by any number of windows based CVS/SVN/GIT/MCL clients.. I could go on.

From memory VC++ imports them too, as does part of the cygwin suite.

Admin from hell
0 0

@richohealey, That's not the point we are addressing, I know you can use .diff files on windows via Cygwin or other interpreters.

spyware wrote:
Cygwin supports Patch but I doubt it works on the win version of JTR.

That's what I mean. You can't install the linux patch (.diff) files on the windows version on jtr they aren't made for it.