Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Internet Trouble

0 0

Well basically my internet's not working properly, and I can't seem to figure out why.

Obviously I'm connected (posting here etc) and many sites load correctly. Others just don't load at all. I don't get a "Timed out" or "Not found" error or anything, just a blank page. Also, some sites stop loading about half way through. Another of the main problems is I can't seem to connect with certain programs, MSN fails to connect, Xbox Live fails to connect and one or two others fail too. Whereas Skype, GoogleTalk and one or two others seem to connect fine.

I've tried to do some research on this but basically, I'm struggling as most of the sites I find just fail to load.

It took about 5/6 retries and refreshes just to manage to post this (fingers crossed it actually posts haha)

So, just wondering if anyone has any tips/ideas on what my problem might be. Oh, I've tried restarting router, modem and PCs. and I've tried resetting router settings to default, still no change.

Thanks if anyone replies, x_531.

0 0

ive had that problem alot, try making sure everything is plugged in fine, and 4 msn, try the troubleshoot button and there will be a button that says like fix repairs or somthing, try that, and sometimes it'll work, if not it'll show u the problem.

mabe its the weather outside? any storms going on? or do u have other computers connected to your server? taht might slow it down, my school computers, if to many people get online the internet goes from highspeed to cable really fast -_-

or try running a virus scan, mabe a virus is causing some problems, idk, these are just some suggestions.

0 0

darkpyroSG wrote: ive had that problem alot, try making sure everything is plugged in fine, and 4 msn, try the troubleshoot button and there will be a button that says like fix repairs or somthing, try that, and sometimes it'll work, if not it'll show u the problem.

mabe its the weather outside? any storms going on? or do u have other computers connected to your server? taht might slow it down, my school computers, if to many people get online the internet goes from highspeed to cable really fast -_-

or try running a virus scan, mabe a virus is causing some problems, idk, these are just some suggestions.

lol I feel like I'm throwing your advice back at you :( sorry, it's not intentional

Yeah, everything's plugged in fine.. first thing I checked :) Yeah I did the MSN troubleshoot, and the same for XboxLive, neither of them could find the problem and XBL suggested it was my MTU being below something like 1350 (some number around there) but I've checked that and it's 1500.

The weather is just cold really, no storms.. not even really any rain for a change atm lol. Nope, just two computers and an xbox, but only one computer/xbox at a time usually.. at the minute there's only this computer and it's still doing it.

Virus might be a possibility although I've tried from a different computer too, so it's not as likely :S

Thanks for the suggestions though, I don't mean to be so awkward haha

0 0

moshbat wrote: Make sure that your router is using one specific channel, not "auto". That fucked my internet.

Okay, I checked and it was set to auto.. but I've changed it now and restarted to apply settings etc and I'm still having the problems :(

Sorry to be annoying haha

It could just be a random problem due to the ISP I suppose, but I thought I'd check here just incase anyone had any insight on it being something else. It's been happening for a day or two now, too.

0 0

what kind of connection do you have?

who is your isp?

have you told them about it?

0 0

Virgin Media, but not the new modem etc, the old setup from when it was still NTL.

and Yeah, I'll leave it a couple of days more maybe and if it still persists I'll get around to giving them a ring.

Thanks for the help anyway people. :)

0 0

What type of internet service (DSL/Cable/etc.)? What type (DSL/Cable) and model of router? Windows Firewall on? Turn it off. Try again. 3rd party firewalls? Turn them off / uninstall them. What are your DNS server settings for the router? What are your DNS settings on your computer when you DHCP without the router in between?

Try it without the router… with both your PC and Xbox. Post results.

0 0

x_5631 wrote: <snip> - Zeph Thanks for the suggestions though, I don't mean to be so awkward haha haha its np, u asked for some suggestions or tips, those where the only things i could think of, so good luck with ur problem