Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

aircap trouble

0 0

i downloaded the zip file and extracted everything and i am trying to install the driver software from net5211.inf. i went to update driver and navigated to it and it gives the list of network adapters (all are "Atheros AR5001X Wireless Network Adapter") with some variations but when i click next it gives an error

the process i went through is "network and sharing center" then clicked "manage network connections" right click on "wireless connection" clicked "properties" clicked "configure" then went to the "driver tab" then clicked "update driver" then cliicked "browse my computer for software" then went to "let me pick" then clicked "have disk" and entered the Dir with the file in it.

Windows encountered a problem installing driver software for your device

Window found driver software for your device but encountered an error attempting to install it.

Atheros AR5001A Cardbus Wireless Network Adapter

The system cannot find the file specified.

If you know the manufactuere of your device, you can visit its website and check the support section for driver software

second problem is that when i run aircap it says that it cant find peek.dll and peek5.sys and to make sure they are in the current dir but they are and it is still saying its not

i've been working on this for 2 hours now and i can figure it out

any help would be appreciated

0 0

Did you try uninstalling the hardware in Device Manager, then right-clicking the computer name at the top ("Scan for New Hardware"), then choosing the .inf file from there? If that doesn't work, maybe try downloading the zip again or from a different source to ensure you get a clean extraction.

0 0

when i go through with that i get to the install new driver hardware and i turn off show compatable hardware and i see some Atheros drivers but when i install them i dont get any internet.

0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Did you try uninstalling the hardware in Device Manager, then right-clicking the computer name at the top ("Scan for New Hardware"), then choosing the .inf file from there? If that doesn't work, maybe try downloading the zip again or from a different source to ensure you get a clean extraction.

yeah it sounds like the drivers are corrupt. i'd recommend the preceding advice of trying the download again.

0 0

fallingmidget wrote: when i go through with that i get to the install new driver hardware and i turn off show compatable hardware and i see some Atheros drivers but when i install them i dont get any internet. … but it installs correctly? Let's take this one issue at a time, shall we? Your original problem was that it wouldn't install the driver correctly. If it installs the driver correctly now, that problem is SOLVED, at which point you rejoice and explain any further issues you're having. If NOT, explain what happened and we take it from there.

Part of asking a good question is being able to apply a useful answer to the goal.