Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

HP Wireless Assistant problems

0 0

lately my wireless connection has been acting up. Im using a Compaq: Presario V6205NR with windows Vista: Home Premium OS. Sometimes my wireless connection works fine and sometimes it doesn't. I search in Google for solutions and it seems like lots of people have been having the same problem worldwide. (so no "Google it" pls, already did). Lately I've been using a wireless USB adapter to be able to use the internet. Turns out that somehow my "HP Wireless Assistant" has been disabled on 'Device Manager' and that to fix this I had to press F10 as my Laptop turned on. …so I did… the problem is that as soon as I click F10, it ask me for a password (8 character maximum) wish I have no idea of what it could be.

I Google for it and I found out that if I take some kind of "battery" out, it won't ask me for the password.

is there any other way to get past this "password" somehow? I really don't want to screw around with the inside of my laptop since I have no idea of what I would be doing.

any help is appreciated. thanks in advance. -puertoricanmaxwell

0 0

ty =D its working atm, next time it starts acting up I'll give it a try already saved the steps as .txt thanks again

0 0

puertoricanmaxwell wrote: Turns out that somehow my "HP Wireless Assistant" has been disabled on 'Device Manager' and that to fix this I had to press F10 as my Laptop turned on.

Ermm… I'm guessing that you mean that the Wireless is disabled in the BIOS (?), which is why you can't install it in Device Manager in Windows.

puertoricanmaxwell wrote: the problem is that as soon as I click F10, it ask me for a password (8 character maximum) wish I have no idea of what it could be.

I Google for it and I found out that if I take some kind of "battery" out, it won't ask me for the password.

… Was this a used laptop that you bought? Can't figure why there would be a BIOS password – that you wouldn't be aware of – on it otherwise.

Tak11 wrote: http://www.go4expert.com/forums/showthread.php?t=114 Now, THAT'S a damn fine link. Going to tuck that article away for later.

0 0

puertoricanmaxwell wrote: ty =D its working atm, next time it starts acting up I'll give it a try already saved the steps as .txt thanks again no program puertoricanmaxwell <3

Now, THAT'S a damn fine link. Going to tuck that article away for later. thank you Zeph ^_^