Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Blue screen of death

0 0

For a long while now, my computer has been getting the blue screen of death. Often. Since it started happening, I have reset my computer twice.

I don't really know what hardware might be causing the problem, so if there is anything in particular that you need to know, just tell me.

What sets it off: -Letting my computer sit too long without activity (I usually have about 5 minutes after my screen saver goes on) -Defragging with the windows disk defragmenter (I can analyze, but if I try to defrag, I get the screen) -I recently tried to download some games on iTunes. As soon as I started the second download (both at the same time) I got the screen

I've tried: -Setting back the time for the screen saver -Using a registry scanner -Scanning for viruses… Malware in general -Obviously, resetting the computer -Today I completely took apart and cleaned the thing just in case it was something to do with bad connections.

0 0

Think of a BSOD (Blue Screen Of Death) as a check engine or service engine soon light on a vehicle. Basically it's a diagnostic screen that Windows uses in order to inform you of a problem just like those lights would indicate a problem with your vehicle. Fortunately for cars they have scan tools which give you an idea of which part of the vehicle's system is malfunctioning. For computers, there is a website that has a master code list. All you have to do is write down the code you see then research it on the website by the numbers. From here, it should be pretty easy to diagnose. What is the exact message you are getting?

STOP Messages literally mean Windows has stopped! These appear only in the NT-based operating systems: Win NT, Win 2000, Win XP, and Vista. Most are hardware issues. STOP messages are identified by an 8-digit hexadecimal number, but also commonly written in a shorthand notation; e.g., a STOP 0x0000000A may also be written Stop 0xA. Four additional 8-digit hex numbers may appear in parentheses, usually unique to your computer and the particular situation.

Here is the website that you can use.

http://www.aumha.org/a/stop.php

Good luck!:ninja:

0 0

Thank you so much.

So I'm getting a 'Kernel_stack_inpage_error'.

There are links by the errors on the page you referred me to that tell you more information about the error.

One of the parameters is 0xC0000185, which means

STATUS_IO_DEVICE_ERROR, indicates improper termination or defective cabling on SCSI devices or that two devices are trying to use the same IRQ.

Can someone please help me interpret this?

0 0

It sounds like you have a hardware problem. I'd run AUTOCHK. It could also be a bad sector on the hard drive itself. In that case you could run CHKDSK but you'd need a windows disk.

Here's an article I found that offers some solutions

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms794027.aspx

0 0

this might help: i checked google with the some words I i thought "these are important" i found these 3 links i hope they can help you to understand te problem i didnt notice any solutions on the sites but maybe if you read them you will understand: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/836618 http://computer.howstuffworks.com/scsi3.htm http://www.helpwithpcs.com/upgrading/change-irq-settings.htm

hope this helped, else try reinstalling the pc, maybe it gives false errors, as cause of a virus.

0 0

Did you recently add / upgrade any hardware? Last time you did Windows Update? How long have you had the computer? How long since the OS was installed on it? How long has the problem been occurring? What OS is on it? Have you tried a System Restore?

Banned
0 0

Zephyr_Pure wrote: Did you recently add / upgrade any hardware? Last time you did Windows Update? How long have you had the computer? How long since the OS was installed on it? How long has the problem been occurring? What OS is on it? Have you tried a System Restore?

Corporate accounts payable, Nina speaking. Just a moment.

Banned
0 0

Could be an issue with paging. Try disabling it, rebooting your computer, then turning it back on.

to disable it:

-Open the Start Menu and go to Control Panel -Click on the System icon -Select the Advanced tab -Under Performance, click Settings -Go to Advanced -Under Virtual Memory, click Change -Select No Paging File and then click Set -Click OK in all the menus -Restart

then see if it still gives the BSOD if so, re-enable paging.

Admin from hell
0 0

First off using the bsod stop error and definition is a waste of time. They are very general and generic. The way to diagnos a bsod is to first download "Microsoft's Debugging Tools for Windows". And select open crash dump.(Minidump located in windows folder) This will debug the minidump and tell you EXACTLY what is causing the problem. Out of the hundreds of boxes I've repaired 98% of all blue screen are caused by third party drivers not hardware, Not that it's not possible just very rare now a days.

0 0

Korg. I tried installing windows debugging tools, but whenever I open the installer package, I get the BSOD. I tried doing a custom installation, and I tried installing it on a flash drive, but every time I just get the screen.

Have you any more ideas about what I should do next?

0 0

Try installing it in Safe Mode?