Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Nmap help

0 0

I recently updated nmap and instead of getting all ports open i get none.

It says all 1000 ports are filtered. I've been wondering what happened to the other 64000?

Also could it be my ISP that's doing this. I have Optimum online. I'll definitely post results of the white house and the army if someone can help ;)

Also i have been scanning and exploiting within my LAN for quite some time and like spyware said i want to scan in the wild

0 0

bump.. again

I'm desperate. I tried troubleshooting on the website

0 0

disregard this post i hit post twice

0 0

Post all of the options you used in your scan. We need as many details as you can possibly give us.

0 0

I've tried all the options in the Zenmap drop down bar which are Intense scan Operating system detection Quick operating system detection Quick full version detection Quick scan Quick services version detection Regular scan

I tried -sS -sU not pinging etc.

but when i tried -sT it gets the results i was originally getting

most other scan types won't really help me

Banned
0 0

Reinstall WinPCap and try again.

Admin from hell
0 0

I would suggest you stop using premade toys. Most of the firewalls out there now realize your port scanning them and will send out false positives or nothing. Learn how to code some unique exploits of your own. No clicky programs work in the real world.

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: I would suggest you stop using premade toys. Most of the firewalls out there now realize your port scanning them and will send out false positives or nothing. Learn how to code some unique exploits of your own. No clicky programs work in the real world.

Clicky programs? I mean Zenmap, sure, but Nmap? Come on Korg, Nmap is fucking awesome. Firewalls cower in fear as Nmap evades their rulesets.

Nmap is fucking Neo shit. Don't touch Neo shit man. Just, don't touch it. You can't touch this. Can't touch this.

Admin from hell
0 0

spyware Talk out his ass:
Nmap is fucking Neo shit

Sorry dude but Mcafee, Norton and even avg have added port scanning to thier firewall settings. I have mcafee and get big time diff results scanning with it off or on.

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: [quote]spyware Talk out his ass:
Nmap is fucking Neo shit

Sorry dude but Mcafee, Norton and even avg have added port scanning to thier firewall settings. I have mcafee and get big time diff results scanning with it off or on.[/quote]

Learn to scan, then. Nmap is my #1 assessment tool when it comes to IT security.

Admin from hell
0 0

I know how to scan asshole. Try testing it against a good firewall.

Banned
0 0

korg wrote: I know how to scan asshole. Try testing it against a good firewall.

Shit Korg, you don't have to be so aggressive. I know Nmap has it's limits, but it's still a tool that's basically awesome and needed.

I encourage the OP to fix his copy of Nmap and get scanning. Like I said before, try to reinstall WinPcap.

0 0

phishy wrote: I'm behind a linksys router if that helps. Take the router out of the equation. Plug your system directly up to the cable / DSL "modem", then nmap yourself again. If it works as expected, it's the router evading the port scan… as would be expected.

<OffTopic>

spyware Talk out his ass:
Nmap is fucking Neo shit spyware wrote: Learn to scan, then. korg wrote: I know how to scan asshole. lmao… I love you guys. :P </OffTopic>

0 0

Offtopic: nmap provides the best results on a unix based operating system, windows isn't made for this kind of shit..

try using the non-gui nmap, close firewalls [don't forget the windows firewall], personally i've tried for a while to make nmap work under windows but failed miserably, that's why i always have an ssh tunnel open to my other box which has ubuntu installed..

• Forgot to mention one thing: nmap -v -A <target> is the most basic scan, the gui version mixes all the shit up in that freaking wizard resulting in a messy scan…