Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Flickering/Flashing Pixels

0 0

hey, i havn't been here in awhile but i have a bit of a problem

ever since i connected my xbox to my pc through media sharing in WMP 11 i have white pixels flashing around everywhere. i have looked at the refresh rate and the higher i put it the worse it gets. i have also updated my graphics card drivers and still nothing.

i've tried google to solve this problem but nothing.

any suggestions?

thanks in advance. this hurts my eyes.

Retired
10 0

Ok, when you connected your computer to your x-box, Did you connect through a router?

0 0

Yeah, through the router

0 0

i've tried unplugging my xbox from the router and restarting the pc, nothing

can anyone help with this? this is really bad for my eyes and its really irritating

Banned
0 0

Ragamuffin wrote: i've tried unplugging my xbox from the router and restarting the pc, nothing

can anyone help with this? this is really bad for my eyes and its really irritating

Try installing the latest drivers for your video card.

0 0

i have. that also did nothing.

Banned
0 0

Did you check the temperature? Maybe it's overheating.

0 0

im pretty sure its ok but i can't be certain. how would i check my video cards temp?

Banned
0 0

Ragamuffin wrote: im pretty sure its ok but i can't be certain. how would i check my video cards temp?

Go to your BIOS or download any freeware program that read the temp for you.

0 0

Temp 1 - 59C Temp 2 - 35C Temp 3 - -1C

i have no idea which is the video card

Banned
0 0

Ragamuffin wrote: Temp 1 - 59C Temp 2 - 35C Temp 3 - -1C

i have no idea which is the video card

Hm, the first two temperatures are fine, I think.The temp 3 output reveals that either a sensor is broken, or you just don't have a third sensor. Your temperatures look fine, anyway.

Tried lowering the refresh rate? If you can't find a solution give the Microsoft guys a call.

0 0

Physically look at the video card and check for any burned areas or popped capacitors. I had one video card that was screwy for those reasons, and I've seen these issues crop up a lot in repair environments as well.

0 0

yeah i've tried the refresh rate and the higher it is the worse it gets. also i can't see any burnt edges or popped capacitors on the video card.

could it be my monitor. i've had it for a long time now.

0 0

I googled and took snippets of solutions proposed for people with similar problems.

http://discussions.virtualdr.com/showthread.php?t=99792
Sounds like you have the card overclocked a little too much---if that's the case, bring it down a bit. Could also be vid card overheating--make sure there's plenty of air flow getting to that card..

http://www.techsupportforum.com/hardware-support/video-card-support/270089-graphics-look-like-snow-t-v.html
Ive seen this happen many times before and with myself. If the "Snow" is different colours, mainly pink or green. Then its most possibly the Cards slot (PCI-E or AGP) has dust in it or could be faulty. You may also see oddly colour Text on the POST screen.
Simply remove the card, get a can of compressed air (or vacuum) and get rid of the dust.
Stick the card back in a check all your cable connections and boot.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/t89472.html
Seven pages of tips on how to overclock, and possible problems caused by it as well as solutions for them.

http://forums.extremeoverclocking.com/showthread.php?t=291560&highlight=snow
Try replacing the monitor cable, might be a wire loose or a bad connector. Its unlikely both cards are defective in the same manner (although not impossible). Also make sure you cards seated properly in the card slot and that the power connectors from the PSU are on correctly and firmly.

Have you tried changing screen resolutions. Has anything occured that could have resulted in tampered hardware? What is your video card? (steps here http://forum.mininova.org/index.php?showtopic=13115 or for Vista->Control Panel->Device Manager->Monitor/Display adapter) Hell, see what a System Restore can do for you.

0 0

Thanks for all the help guys. its fixed. i took the back off the monitor and give it a dust. and the same for the pc. now it works fine =]

Thanks again.

Satan > God
0 0

lol, makes you laugh, all these techy replys, and the answer sounds like somthing my grandma would do XD

0 1

K3174N 420 wrote: lol, makes you laugh, all these techy replys, and the answer sounds like somthing my grandma would do XD

says the guy who has someone playing guitar hero as his sig.

Retired
10 0

Actually the guitar hero thing was my idea.

0 0

yours31f wrote: Actually the guitar hero thing was my idea. moshbat wrote: A bad one…

… But a fitting one. The goofy guy has a goofy-looking sig. :)