Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Vista random freezing problems

0 0

Hey all, I know after reading the title you are going to say "Oh my god, you gave your computer AIDS?" (All credit for that quote to Moshbat). Well, besides that, lately I have been having random freezing problems. They often happen when browsing the internet, or sometimes just when doing anything. The weird thing is, once in a while when it freezes, the web browser (Opera) will turn pale white, where I can still see the text, I dont know if this is Window's way of saying "not responding" or something is just wrong with a file. I am running SP1 with all updates installed except for Silverlight. Any help is appreciated.

P.S. Try not to turn this thread into a flame-fest like my last one :evil:

0 0

Without looking into any detail I will just say that when the window fades slightly, that's Vista's "Not responding" message.

Also, does this happen with anything else? or just Opera?

0 0

Opera, Safari, but it only happens at random times, it's really weird. I would have to send you my laptop to get you to understand :D

EDIT: Forgot to mention that when it freezes up without the white fog, I can still move the mouse, but when the fog comes up, the whole system locks up. Every time this happens I have to do a hard reboot also.