Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

No sound in browser

0 0

Well, yesterday I browse merrily to a music site and it says I need to update my flash player. I'd like to, you know, actually listen to the stuff instead of look at the song titles so I do it. I restart the browser(firefox), and then it says "error connecting", same thing it said before I updated.

Now I can't actually remember if I tried YouTube or any other streaming video after that or didn't notice it until today, but I think this update is the problem. In IE or Firefox the video plays, but there is no audio. Should be simple, I really can't get it. Msdn, adobe, tech support, and even non credible sites like blogs and yahoo answers.

Saw a registry file that you download/use to set correct values. Also, adding the single key "wavemapper" with the value "msacm32.drv" in a certain place. Upated firefox, reinstalled flash player, checked browser to see if it's being disabled. "about:plugins" and everything is enabled except "Mozilla Default Plug-in".

I'm pretty sure this isn't a hardware problem. My sound/wave isn't muted, I can play iTunes and videos I have downloaded just fine. Anyone know what could be wrong?

0 0

I was going to post that, but wasn't sure if it mattered had this be a software problem. It's windows xp.

Admin from hell
0 0

Had this happen before on a couple boxes. Go to a site with a video and start playing it. Rt click on it to get adobe settings. Go to advanced and make sure allow third party videos can be stored.(something close to that anyway) is checked. If not uninstall the flash player and reinstall it, With Ac-3 filters installed also. (Or klite like Ac-3 better myself).

0 0

Thanks for the replies, but no luck. I'm going to relax and mess with it later.

0 0

My friend once had a similiar problem - sound worked perfectly in VLC, Media Player etc but not on youtube and other video/music sites.

It turned out that his sound card had somehow been set to use the "normal" speaker port (on the front of the computer) for all applications except for the browser which sent the sound to his 7.1 surround sound ports (on the back of the computer). I don't know how he fixed it though ^^

0 0

Ah, I've tried a lot of things. I'm getting really tired of these success stories about k-lite codec pack. I downloaded it and tried some stuff several times just fixing stuff and several times installing all of the components just to make sure. I reinstalled flash countless times.

Just a reminder, I still have system sounds and in iTunes & media players. I open the device manager, there aren't any exclamation marks; everything is enabled too. Something said to look in IE's advanced tab in internet options and check the play sounds & videos in web pages, they were both checked already.

korg: tried your idea, that didn't work it out Uber0n: that could be the problem, wouldn't know how to fix it either though

So what seemed to work for a lot of people isn't working for me.

and this might be easier to ignore if I had something to do all day

EDIT: All else failed, ended up doing system restore. Anyway, my overall health just went up about 10%.