Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Computer resolution is screwed up

0 0

Ok so probably about a month ago I was playing with the settings and found the proper resolution for my computer (before that month, the proper resolution was not a choice). And this morning when I started up my computer I noticed the resolution was completely different - even though I didn't change anything. And when I go to play my games, they now don't have my resolution either. Where did it go? My resolution is 1440x900.

Does anybody have any idea how I can get the correct resolution back onto my computer?

0 0

I don't know what happened but now it's back to normal.

If anyone has an idea as to what happened let me know for future reference. Thanks. :)

0 0

i know that sometimes if you clean up your computer and not knowing exactly what your doing you can accidentally delete your graphics driver that could be your problem just a simple restore or reinstalling your graphics driver can fix that

0 0

well, you say you play games alot right?

well, for alot of games (expecially older ones), when playing, your computer is actually in a different graphic mode.

things that I've seen:

1.intermitant damage to the graphics card by it becoming over worked 2.the game lagging/failing, and forcing it to go into a different graphical mode while in windows, often causeing damage to the video card and/or the driver (seen mostly from OLD computers playing quake 3 online XD) 3.virus screwing with the drivers 4.someone else used the computer and caused one of the above

the most logical ones for your case are 1, and 2.

The Manager
0 0

Here is your exact problem.

When Windows booted it did not recognize your monitor so it installed a standard driver. It happens a lot in Windows XP when running HD Monitors. You need to find a driver for your monitor and install that. This will fix the problem and keep it fixed. A quick fix for this would be to open Computer Management, enter into the Drivers area, delete the MONITOR only and scan for hardware changes. POOF you are back to normal.

A perm. fix was stated earlier in my post though.

0 0

AldarHawk wrote: Here is your exact problem.

When Windows booted it did not recognize your monitor so it installed a standard driver. It happens a lot in Windows XP when running HD Monitors. You need to find a driver for your monitor and install that. This will fix the problem and keep it fixed. A quick fix for this would be to open Computer Management, enter into the Drivers area, delete the MONITOR only and scan for hardware changes. POOF you are back to normal.

A perm. fix was stated earlier in my post though.

that's pretty well what needs to be done regardless. I don't have much expierience with hd monitors, but I am aware (as in my earlier post) that it's not only those that are effected in numerous ways by that. regardless, if when installing xp, or otherwise putting in a monitor with a stadard driver instead of the manufacturer's drivers, you can cause such mild damages. If you install the drivers made for the monitor, you are less likely to ever have those problems, and much less likely of over loading the video card. As everyone can agree, and and it has been stated in pretty much EVERY post on this thread.

Though I know this post wasn't realy nessisary, I'm mearly trying to emphasize that with ANYTHING you install on a computer, it is always better for your computer to install the drivers from cd, or anywhere else the installation reading that comes with hardware has. Try that, if you ever do have any more problems like that, then you may have damaged the card(s) (for whatever is causing you problems next time). which is something that AldarHawk seemed to have forgotten in this case, it's no guarantee that it won't gome back again if by chance you did cause damage to the video card or the monitor.

0 0

(the problem came back)

if I turned my computer off the resolution would reset and 1440x900 would disappear. So then I would restart my computer and then it would be back in 1440x900. But I restarted it a few times already and I cannot get 1440x900 back!

also, I have Vista, not XP.

0 0

So I've been trying to find a graphics driver to download for my resolution but I couldn't find the proper one? I DLd a few and installed them but nothing different happened, and I wasn't sure they were the rights ones to begin with?

Does anyone know where I can find a driver to download?

Banned
0 0

SPE-CI-FI-CA-TIONS.

0 0

I had a friend help me out and it's all fixed!!! :D

Thanks for the help anyways.