Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Network problem, cant access 1 computer

0 0

When i first got my computer around 6 months ago i set up a network to file share, and share a printer etc. (obvious reasons)

About a week ago some stuff started going wrong; some websites wouldnt work, some processes would just fail, and my computer could no longer access other computers or be accessed through our network. With all this going wrong i decided to reinstall windows all over again. Now everything is working fine, except with the new network we have set up, my computer cannot be accessed, although i can access other computers on the network.

When we try to access my computer from another it comes up with a message saying '\\computername is not accessible. You might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. Access is denied.' This network was set up exactly the same way as it was done the first time (which worked).

I have tried disabling firewall, and that doesnt work. Any suggestions???

0 0

I'm not too familiar with networks or windows, but have you checked to see if the workgroup is the same on all your computers? And are you using static ip addresses or DHCP?

0 0

Hey man, check your network configuration. There are a list of settings which you might need to change… For example… allow users to add new items in your network, allow users only to read things only…blablabla… If it is not that, then idk… i'm using vista for a long time now… xD