Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

getting password for wlan on win vista

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

hi all, I have new wifi connection at home, but problem is that once my friend entered the password, and now connects to the net automatically , he's lost the password. So i wanna ask if there is any way to find out what is the password, if it's been entered on that laptop with windows vista…

Banned
0 0

Riiight. There's people probably going to ask you what encryption scheme is used, but I just say this: fuck off.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

yep great, well not unexpected answer, however I reallly don't want to hack some fuckin else's wifi like some skiddie, but whatever, if you don't trust me I don't really care and hopefully someone else will help. Anyway since I've got full access to the laptop where the pass has been entered, isn't there anyway how to get it from windows, as you can get pass to the windows accounts

Retired
10 0

are you talking about the key for the router?

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

it's the wep key for the wifi

Retired
10 0
  1. if you got it from the phone company, call and ask.

2. if you bought the router and lost the pass, your pretty screwed.

Banned
0 0

clone4 wrote: it's the wep key for the wifi

You are truly an arrogant noob. Googling for five fucking seconds would've yielded your answer EN MASSE. From that I conclude you are stupid. Stupid people don't get my help, ever.

Retired
10 0

except this time.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

sry but i'm not arrogant just don't like people who are rude and aren't polite… but i don't want to flame because that's what you want and like so i would just end this discussion right here. secondly i googled it, but all i've got is result fot wep cracking,an that's what i don't want to do. Lastely yeah it was from router… :) so im screwed

Banned
0 0

clone4 wrote: sry but i'm not arrogant just don't like people who are rude and aren't polite… but i don't want to flame because that's what you want and like so i would just end this discussion right here. secondly i googled it, but all i've got is result fot wep cracking,an that's what i don't want to do. Lastely yeah it was from router… :) so im screwed

You mean the actual router page? You don't need to access that in order to join an established wifi connection.

You know, there's no ACTUAL REASON for you to ask how to get this password. The shiny reset button on your router is, well, shiny, it begs to be pressed.

Perl-6 Wisdom Seeker
0 0

brb i hate when people who flame me are right:D kk sry for my stupidity :D actually the default sett was written on the bottom of the router, OMFG sry again :(:(:(

<embarassed>solved</embarassed>

0 0

Just login on admin interface on your router and reset wifi wep key!

0 1

If you have 2 computers in the house then your saved.

If you only have your router and your computer… then your task will be much longer.

what you want to do is "crack" the WEP key. (i assume you use WEP) if your using WPA then it'll take you much longer.

do crack a wifi key what you need to do is sniff and collect wifi packets sent from your router. (if you have another computer connected, then more data packets are sent), this is helpful as only data packets can be used in cracking WEP keys.

you can collect wifi packets using many free avaible programs. CommView is good, but is slow. BackTrack bootable linux CD will be the best. if using CommView collecting the right about of packets (see below) can take several days. If using BackTrack v2 (or 3) you can crack a network within an hour. As backtrack will collect packets and attempt to crack them as it goes along.

Wifi packets, to ensure your key is correct, senda small encyrpted "header" in each of their packets that tell the client what the WEP key is. Because WEP (im using WEP as thats the most common) doesnt use pwerful encryption, every 5,000 data packets or so, the exact same encrypted "header" will be duplicated. This is how WEP cracking programs work. If you collect enuogh WEP data packets (100,000 - 200,000), then it can break teh encryption if enough duplicate "headers" are collected.

if your network is WPA then you'll need "handshakes", and these are alot more infrequent that data packets. Which will mean your task will be longer.

If you need any more information, or have any questiosn, please post below and I'll be happy to respond.

or as sle1306 posted above. If your connected to your router, get your routers IP (start->run->cmd->ipconfig), then you can change your routers WEP key without having to enter a current WEP Key. Do this by entering your routers gateway IP into the URL bar, typically: http://192.168.0.1/ . it may ask you for a password, if it does and you don't know the user/pass, try admin:admin as that is the most common.

Best of luck getting your network key!

0 0

if I got it right, ur friend saved pwd in box and lost/forgot it. to recovery WEP keys u need to download aircrack-ng. in aircrack folder u can find file which name is WZCOOK. it shows u all saved pwd's in ur comp or in ur friends. hope it will help :)

0 0

cain might do the same thing as well if you have it lying around