Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Messed up drivers?

0 0

I connect to the internet on my PC and it's normal for a while, but after about an hour or less the internet stops. It still says I am connected to my wireless network, although I'm not because I cannot go to my router's default gateway which I normally can.

When I unplug the wireless USB adapter, It disconnects obviously… but when I put it back in again, nothing happens. It doesn't even say it cannot connect, and I do not get the little noise that happens when you plug something in to a USB port.

Nothing that I try to plug into the USB ports works after the internet stops working, so I'm guessing there is something wrong with the ports or the drivers.

I've tried going to device management and looking at the USB ports and fiddling around there but nothing I can do works.

Also, in my task bar on the desktop in the bottom right I have the 'Safely Remove Hardware' Icon. It's been there since I've had this problem, and when I try to safely remove my Wireless adapter, it just freezes.

I have no idea what's wrong, so any help here would be great. Thanks :)

The Manager
0 0

Sounds like a problem with your Wireless setup on your router. Log into it wired and see what happens.

Then try to break off and get the wifi working again.

BTW what OS?

Banned
0 0

AldarHawk wrote: BTW what OS?

XP or Vista. I'm guessing XP though.

0 0

Good guess

XP

I don't have a wire to connect at the moment, but I'm sure I could find a cheap one…

0 0

It's weird. Since I posted this it's stopped happening…..