Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

lan problem

0 0

I'm using ubuntu on another computer of mine, and I can't get it to connect through this computer to the internet (or this computer at all; an XP machine). Aside from not being able to get it to connect through this computer, whenever I enable the connection it the XP machine stops connecting to the internet through the wireless card. Anyone have any ideas/solutions?:ninja::ninja:

0 0

a p2p and another wireless? Make sure both are up and running, you also need to use crossover Ethernet I believe to have a p2p, or regular with a hub, otherwise it's not sure which goes to the internet.

0 0

I'm using a crossover, and it does work (the cable, not the connection), I've never set up direct computer connections before. (even as a cisco student, they just dont teach us this :()

0 0

I'm a networking student in Highschool and the best bet is probably using a hub and making sure the firewall is set to allow p2p,

0 0

I'm sure I won't need a hub, and the firewall is disabled, it' something wrong with the way I'm trying to set it up using 2 connections

Python Ninja
0 0

i bet you're setting the gateway as the XP machine.

You need to bridge the connections (which is an ethernet principle, not a TCP/IP one, so it's invisible on the transport/application layers) and then still set the gateway as you router.

You Like this!
90 0

richohealey wrote: i bet you're setting the gateway as the XP machine.

You need to bridge the connections (which is an ethernet principle, not a TCP/IP one, so it's invisible on the transport/application layers) and then still set the gateway as you router.

Wow, Richo, you speak so intelligent.

Python Ninja
0 0

you've lost me, i was just saying what needed to be said, it's pretty common knowledge.

You Like this!
90 0

No, i was just complimenting you on how fluently you speak. Most people won't be able to explain as clear as you did. Thanks all i am saying,

Python Ninja
0 0

oh, in that case, thanks :)