Welcome to HBH! If you had an account on hellboundhacker.org you will need to reset your password using the Lost Password system before you will be able to login.

Help the n00b anyone?

0 0

Why does my windows ME computer freeze every time I view a video on a web page but not if i view one from youtube? I was told I could have a memory leak but I don't know, anyone have any ideas?

0 0

get a new computer.

that might help.

0 0

i am but i would like to fix this one, it has values

0 0

what do you mean it freezes. like you can't move or do anything.

0 0

the mouse wont even move, like the processor shuts down or some shit

0 0

sounds bad but you said it still works on you tube. Interesting.

0 0

yeah, i think its just my computers shitty but it has value, its famous XD

0 0

not to spam the forums, but how was it famous?

0 0

this is the one my friend used to make his videos

0 0

See if you've lack of memo.

How MB RAM do you have?

And, what's the processor speed? because flash player uses much of RAM.

Also, see your virtual memory…

0 0

its windows ME so i dont know how to do most of that but i have 25.5gbs free and its a celeron processor

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

Why windows ME…WHY??? just upgrade. Second what browser u using …IF firefox then yes its possible its a memory leak. The best way to find out if memory leak is run task manager view the browsers CPU usage then go to a video online and see if the CPU usage sky rockets to 99% if so then yes memory leak. If you are using ACE's codec pack there is one program in there that starts when a video is used which also can cause the computer to freeze. Also LAME codec can cause freezing. But if you want a great processor by a Quad core because the memory leak only stays on one processor so the max a program can do is 25% which doesn't slow down your computer…I LOVE IT.

0 0

SET wrote: Why windows ME…WHY??? just upgrade. Second what browser u using …IF firefox then yes its possible its a memory leak. The best way to find out if memory leak is run task manager view the browsers CPU usage then go to a video online and see if the CPU usage sky rockets to 99% if so then yes memory leak. If you are using ACE's codec pack there is one program in there that starts when a video is used which also can cause the computer to freeze. Also LAME codec can cause freezing. But if you want a great processor by a Quad core because the memory leak only stays on one processor so the max a program can do is 25% which doesn't slow down your computer…I LOVE IT. again i say it has certian values and its mozilla but i dont have the option for the CPU usage

SET

Peumonoultramicroscopicsilico
0 0

I mean the OS is of value to u OR the computer? if just computer download a cracked XP

0 0

the computer and the files thats on it but i dont think it could hold XP plus i dont have a flash disc

0 0

uninstall firefox, and reinstall?

optimize your comp to the max.

run "msconfig"

and look at other tutorials around HBH about optimizing. not sure how much of it applies to ME, but its worth a shot.

if uninstalling and resinstalling firefox doesn't work, use opera instead?

0 0

thanks, i dont think its mozilla because it did it on IE too

0 0

I really think it's ME. Windows ME was just a christmas OS. They threw some crap in and put it out on the market before christmas. It is also pretty famous for crashing. At the time, I was using Mac so I don't really remember a lot of that stuff, But my friend was working at tech support and he said the day after it's release was the one time that Microsoft unplugged their phones. That many people were having problems.

My advice, Use programs that require very little recourses. Browzar is nice… except the search function is 100% pointless, even with Google. And use notepad or wordpad instead of MS Word, etc.

0 0

alright thanks, i dont use ms word anyways XD

0 0

word kinda rocks my world, but whatever :D sometimes the ram doesnt allow what we want.

yeah i guess just run lightweight versions of everything you can. still try using Opera instead of IE or firefox, its worth a shot.

firefox does crash/memory leak ive heard opera is very good, havent used it extensively. im a firefox guy, but do what you gotta.

0 0

alright, i think i will stick to my mozilla though, never crashed yet

0 0

NeT_DeMoN wrote: Why does my windows ME computer freeze every time I view a video on a web page but not if i view one from youtube? I was told I could have a memory leak but I don't know, anyone have any ideas?

WinME is without a doubt the worst, least stable iteration of the OS ever released. I'd rather run DOS than ME. Use something eles.

Greyhat in Training
0 0

NeT_DeMoN wrote: Why does my windows ME computer freeze every time I view a video on a web page but not if i view one from youtube? I was told I could have a memory leak but I don't know, anyone have any ideas?

Get rid of Windows ME, I've also heard that Windows ME crashes alot. A friend of mine used Windows ME and gave up on it in the end, he eventually installed XP.

0 0

Sabrewulf wrote: WinME is without a doubt the worst, least stable iteration of the OS ever released. I'd rather run DOS than ME. Use something eles.

I can guarantee that this is true. However, all work I've done here on HBH except for some app cracking missions have been on a Windows ME computer.

When it comes to movies on websites though, I have the same problem. One thing that's interesting is that the computer running Win ME that I'm using for internet stuff only works when I use older drivers for the GeForce 2 card. New drivers just make it crash :angry:

Admin from hell
0 0

There is nothing wrong with using ME, I have alot of people that still use it on older boxes. As far as freezing goes make sure you have the latest Media player for ME,Plus the latest macromedia flash and directX installed. Update the drivers for you video only for ME. Yes if you install too new of ones it will cause problems.

0 0

korg wrote: There is nothing wrong with using ME, I have alot of people that still use it on older boxes. As far as freezing goes make sure you have the latest Media player for ME,Plus the latest macromedia flash and directX installed. Update the drivers for you video only for ME. Yes if you install too new of ones it will cause problems.

I used WinME for two years from 2000-2002 and the system was highly unstable, frequently hanging or crashing completely. If I tried to leave my system on overnight, it would often require a reboot in the morning. With Windows XP, I can go days without a reboot and experience no problems.

WinME is the worst version of Windows since 3.1.

0 0

alright, thanks guys, im flashing it with linux ubuntu 7.10 because my CD finally came in and ibacked up all my important file :D

Admin from hell
0 0

That's really funny, But I have people who still have ME and win98 on there boxes and have never had a problem. I'm not saying use ME or 98 I use XPpro but the MAJOR problem I find with any OS whether it be linux or windows is not the OS, It's the Idiot behind the keyboard.

0 0

korg wrote: …but the MAJOR problem I find with any OS whether it be linux or windows is not the OS, It's the Idiot behind the keyboard.

Too true.

0 0

im an idiot? o_0

0 0

Ya, linux is a wise choice in terms of older boxes, it can run on a p2 with half a meg of ram even (exaggeration but still you get the point)

Steps for "fixing" the computer

1. Get on second story of a building or above.
  2. Proceed to open window.
  3. Put on a cross to scare away windows demons.
  4. Proceed to throw machine out window.
  5. Let the cleansing begin.

(made that up in a minute, but you get the idea)

0 0

yeah, i missed linux, im so happy i got it back but my new PC came in >.< right about the time i was fixing my old one, thats just the way things go i guess