Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

COMPUTER IS SCREWED UP!!!!!

0 0

ok, i have a computer that has an annoying virus that no anti virus can seem to remove…..well n e way thats not the problem…..i tried to reformat the hard drive and it gets to the part where i need to choose the partition that i want to modify or delete or whatever…..but it says something like no hard drive found….could someone please give me a push in the right direction……the os that it has right now is windows media center 2005…..the os that i wanna put on there is windows xp pro SP2…..thnx in advance

nobody
0 0

Did you use SATA? XP doesn't have SATA driver.

0 0

um…..its a laptop….so, i dunno

nobody
0 0

What model? I believe its use SATA HD. You can slipstream SATA driver to the installation disc. But first you must make sure you got all drivers for XP.

0 0

its a hp pavillion dv5220us laptop

0 0

richohealey wrote: GPARTED!!

???

0 0

GPARTED is a linux tool used to partition hard drives.

I assume that you're using an standard XP CD and not the OEM one that came with your laptop. If you used the OEM you probably wouldn't have to worry about the reinstall as much because it comes with the SATA driver.

I checked online for you that Laptop comes with a Seagate SATA 2.5 HDD.

0 0

hey 1 question…does it make windows partitions?

Retired
10 0

yes

0 0

ok i tried that GPARTED thingy…..and i cant seem to figure out how to use it….it keeps givin me an error…..n e 1 else have n e ideas…

0 0

Only one: You're fucked.

0 0

Copy files you need to an external HD or CD or DVD. Then google the symptoms or the virus. If it really is a monster virus that no one has been able to stop, you should be able to read about it. If nothing works, nuke your box, reinstall Windows, and get your files back on.

and make backups regularly next time.

:(
80 120

I'd say wait for korg to diagnose your computer before giving up entirely. He knows a lot about windows. I bet he could help you out.

0 0

it wont let me nuke my drive…..thats the thing…..it doesnt see that i have a hard drive…..thats why i came here to ask for help…..well is korg online?

nobody
0 0

As I mention earlier, your xp installation disc doesnt have SATA driver. Thats why it doesnt detect your drive. You have to find the driver and then use it either from USB floppy or you can slipstream it to your installation disc.

0 0

can u pm me and walk me through it?

0 0

ok i got it and thnx…1 more question….how do i slipstream it into the XP cd…and how do i do it that way?

Admin from hell
0 0

Don't bother trying, Just burn your driver on cd or floppy, follow the instructions to do so. Then run the set-up you'll have to hit f6 then browse the cd to find the file it will not load it automatically. Loading a sata or 3rd party driver is an option during set-up. I would do it this way till you learn more about Slipstreaming. (That's what I ment to say)

Big Edit: Don't know WTF I was writing the first time!