Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

XP services question

0 0

I've been trying to make a service like the one in this article so that I could run it from restricted user account, but I get "Käyttö estetty", which probably is "Access denied" in english windows, when I try to start it. Is it possible to make the service so that restricted user can start it?

Admin from hell
0 0

No, You must "escalate" your privileges first then run it.

0 0

Umm… which means exactly what? Sorry I'm not that familiar with XP.

Or do you mean something like make it admin?

Admin from hell
0 0

It means raise your "account" from a restricted user to an admin. That's about as simple as I can make it.

0 0

Gahh, ok I think I just have to give up on this… I've tried everything I can think of and nothing works 100% as it should. It's starting to drive me crazy. Fook the whole XP -.-

I've tried services, I've tried runas, I've tried modifying limited account through registry.

Admin from hell
0 0

Those articles are misleading to alot of people, Running a service or running system must be done from an admin account. A restricted user or guest CANNOT do these.

0 0

Yeah I know, but I thought it might be somehow possible to configure the service with admin account so that it can be run from limited too… I'm not trying to hack into some XP with limited.