Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

JTR problems...

0 0

I've downloaded JTR and have gotten it to open one time.

Now, every time I try to open it, it opens for about .01 seconds and then closes. I deleted all the files for JTR and have re-downloaded it twice, and it's still doing the same thing. Any suggestions?

0 0

i can't get it to run once on my machine

0 0

plz tell me your doing it from your dos lol

0 0

you mean the cmd window.

0 0
  • Open up command prompt (start –> run –> cmd)
  • Navigate to the directory (using cd <dir name>) where you have all the files which were unzipped from the JTW zip file.
  • then type: john-386 [OPTIONS] [PASSWORD-FILES] -eg as a standard crack:

markupC:&#92;Users&#92;Mumba&#92;Desktop&#92;john&gt;john-386.exe --wordlist=C:&#92;Users&#92;Mumba&#92;Desktop&#92;wordlists&#92;Cain&#92;Cain.txt hash.txt

If you are using linux, then I think the command is ./john [OPTIONS] [PASSWORD-FILES]

0 0

ok i got it now thanks

0 0

i'm gettin "windows cannot find john-386.exe"

0 0

Open cmd and use the CD command to get to the correct directory where you've installed JtR. Then you'll be able to use it.

You can also add JtR's directory to the PATH environment variable ;)

0 0

uberfish wrote: i'm gettin "windows cannot find john-386.exe"

Navigate to your jtw directory and execute the command: dir PM me what you get. I'm off to bed…

0 0

i've found out the reason it won't open is because the file cygwin1.dll downloads incorrectly everytime…uh….? help? =p

Admin from hell
0 0

Read my article on jtr. The folders default name is john1701. Download it right from http://www.openwall.com/john/. But I think you may just have the wrong syntax, Never had any problems downloading it before.