Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

proxy problems (firefox)

0 0

Hi,

I am trying to set up a proxy using firefox and all the steps i am taking are correct however once i save the settings my browser will just not load any sites etc. i am using a router could this be the problem?

I get my proxys from www.proxy4free.com and have tried lots of different ones but no joy :(

thanks in advance.

0 0

its prob a problem with the proxies.

download charon http://www.project2025.com/charon.php and run the proxies through that to make sure they're working.

Some sites cant see that your connecting via a proxy and wont allow access so try www.cmyip.com first to make sure its working

0 0

Ok thanks, i will give that a try.

Ok i have tried checking my ip but it wont connect there either. i have also downloaded charon but cant seem to load my proxy ips in. Does anyone have any confirmed working proxy i can enter to see if it works.

cheers

a noob

0 0

From Your list works for example 200.88.114.166:80 Easy to use is SwitchProxy extension for Firefox. Another page on which you can check the IP is www.ipchicken.com

0 0

I installed that extension and it works good, I think it was my proxy list that was bad. Using your proxy i could get online although it was slow and in spanish or something.

Would anyone reccomend actually switching between proxys and if so how many and how often? And do you know of a decent proxy list.

thanks again

0 0

TOR is not safe, as any malicious tor node can sniff the traffic you pass thru

0 0

Ideally what i am looking for is a manual proxy i can enter so that all my connections for http and any other programes p2p, games etc are all on a false ip. I spyware and virus check all the time but still seem to get problems. so would be nice just to be more anonymous.