Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

REMOVE THIS PAGE FROM GOOGLE SEARCH.

0 0

Okay GOOGLE so this page isint a 404 but i need you to REMOVE it. :@

0 0

where woudl i type this at bro im on windows

0 0

ahh well that the problem. but no you cant type it anywhere in windows so forget it.

0 0

When I first got SATA the mobo didn't support 3 gb/s and this sounds very similar to the problem i was having. you could try to set the pins to run at 1.5 instead of 3.0.

Admin from hell
0 0

Oh,Boy don't know where to start here. Let me ask did you first just plug the new drive in and go to town on it or did you partition and format it. Should have done the latter. Big problem with blue screen there. If your installing windows and start getting blue screens STOP. You have problems in your bios setup. In your case disable the APM. Now update the bios on the Asus A8N32. Asus has some updates on the acpi issues.Then renenable apm. I see in your setup you have no secondary m/s change your plugs to the right ones so they show pri/sec/third.The board does support 3.0 gb/s drives. When your down with all this make sure your drivers for the asus board are current this board uses the nvidia nforce chipset drivers. Your can double check them in the device man. Especially look at the ide ata/atapi drivers to see if there up to date. If you do all this and restart windows, It will assign a drive letter for the drives. I think I got everything post back if you have problems.

Edit: Also should have mentioned this board has an E-sata plug on the back if you only want to use this drive as an external back-up.

0 0

alright well before i update the bios what do i update em to cause they are already the latest revision 1405 i have tryed disablign ACPI /APIC in bios then installing windows and i still got them i wil definetly try swapping the ports around

but theres 4 black sats on my board named sata1 sata2 sata 3 sata4

hard drives in sata1 dvd drive is in sata2

I dreamed that som1 gave me a late xmas gift and it was a digi cam ive been wanting too bad it was a dream cuz then i could take pics of my bios and such and show u wat i got going on or record the whole process but i do have a cam its just got a busted screen cuz i stepped on it :ninja:

Edit: Ok so making the SATA drive secondary master IDE woudl be impossible this is how my pc has it setup

IDE Port 1 = Primary Master IDE IDE Port 2 = Secondary Master IDE SATA Port 1 = Third Master IDE SATA Port 2 = Fourth Master IDE SATA Port 3 = Fifth Master IDE SATA Port 4 = Sixth Master IDE

Thats why the SATA hardrive is noticed as Third Master IDE because 3rd 4th 4th and 6th are basically SATA ports 1,2,3, and 4

So anyway i am not sure what drivers you wanted me to get maybe get me a link but i think you were talking about Atapi/IDE drivers and a chipset driver i think i got em i download the Nvidea nforce 4 x16 AMD Motherboard driver and installed it and i think i got the ide one but now in device manager i use to have 6 under the IDE/ATAPI controler thing or w/e but now its 2 looks like this.. http://img242.imageshack.us/my.php?image=devicemanap6.png

and i still cant see the drive under my computer and i still can do nothing to it in disk management and when i first bought it to answer your question i had to format and partition it first before i could copy any files onto it.

heres more info

the primary device shows me that its the hdd

the second is my asus dvd burner

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/1766/hmmxx4hpq2.png

anything i should change for that?!

Admin from hell
0 0

Ok I see the whole problem now from your last screenshot. I take it your running xp 32bit not 64. EHH. Why do you have your new drive formatted as a GPT Protective Partition and the other is NTFS. Better yet how did you format it in GPT? Windows 32bit will not mount a gpt format as a boot, You can read and write to it, But not assign a drive letter. Best bet is to reformat that drive at a low level into NTFS. This is most likely the cause of your acpi problem also. I found some documentation on this to help you understand more:

http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/GPT_FAQ.mspx http://www.microsoft.com/whdc/device/storage/GPT-on-x64.mspx

Post back if you still have problems.

0 0

Really does seem that way ok dude i am so confused when i got this drive i hit format it Only gave me 2 choices It said format as GPT or MBR som1 said to pick GPT so i did..then i had to format it to NTFS or w/e..

Ok so my best bet would be to use data recovery software to get all the files off of it and then format it?

PS: how would i format it if windows 32bit cant format drives in GPT?

^^EDIT: when i formatted this drive i indeed formatted in in VISTA that explains it : "about the GUID Partition Table (GPT) as implemented under Microsoft Windows XP x64 edition, Windows Server 2003 (64-bit), Windows Server 2003 SP1 (all versions), and the upcoming Windows Vista"

ill just install vista so i can get the files off it :D

also i cant format it in xp so i need to use vista

Admin from hell
0 0

Formatted it in vista then loaded xp. Explains that real quick. That's why I asked HOW you formatted it in GPT. Alright recover your files, You can use active undelete or ontrack data recovery on these disks. Or reinstall vista which ever. Then run Active@Kill Disk,wipe-out,kill disk or any drive wiping utilities on the drive. Then partition and format using XP, You'll be good to go then.

0 0

well that explains it but not the BSoD when installing XP no BSoD's when installing vista tho =]

0 0

anarchyjames wrote: well that explains it but not the BSoD when installing XP no BSoD's when installing vista tho =]

Without seeing the BSOD, or at least the error code, no one can help you with that one. Also, system specs wouldn't hurt.

0 0

Folk Theory wrote: ahh well that the problem. but no you cant type it anywhere in windows so forget it.

Another bullshit post. A seemingly brilliant Linux-elitist? I think not. To refer to the OP, the term "drive letter" was used. And yet you, seeming to be the bringer of truth, suggest something for Linux. What made you think he was using Linux, and why would you make negative remarks about his circumstance to cast off your own mistake? Because you are full of bullshit, that's why.

The number one answer here is in configuration. As long as your BIOS settings are correct and the hardware properly connected without damage, it's a matter of drivers. I'd recommend you look at your overall chipset drivers. nVidia makes this fairly easy with their nForce platform, but Intel has been catching up.