Welcome to HBH! If you have tried to register and didn't get a verification email, please using the following link to resend the verification email.

screen sizing issue

0 0

ok, for x-mas i got my DVI to HDMI cable for my computer, and now that it is plugged in, my screen size is too big for my monitor screen size. start is 3/4 cut off in the bottom left corner, icons on my desktop overlay the edges of the screen, and everything is overall messed up visually. anybody have a solution to this? i tried messing with properties and changing screen resolution, it just make things bigger on screen and they still overlap the edges.

0 0

WinXP

Admin from hell
0 0

First off when you connect a PC to a TV using an HDMI connection, the images displayed are just off the screen. This is because the HDTV image standard being applied uses a technique called overscan. All TV's have used overscan to get rid of dark spots. You need to make sure your video card supports HD> If it's Nvidia, Open the Nvidia control panel, Then, select Video and Television. Run the Resize hdtv desktop provision. Same goes with ATI.

0 0

ok, fitted the screen but now my icons and start menu is small, very very small. looks smushed together and cant read the text under it. i have no clue how to fix this off the top of my head. anybody able to help me? thanks.

Admin from hell
0 0

Ok then list your system info: Cpu,Mobo & Graphics card. We'll go from there. Done a lot of work with hd.

0 0

my specs are: MoBo- gigabyte GA-M59SLI-S5 s-series CPU- AMD dual core processor 5400+ video- nVIDIA GeForce 7900gs (might be just s, not sure off the top of my head)